TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Our stores here are supposed to sell only 6 at a time, too, due to state law. We can purchase them for pet SNAKE food in any quantity...even just 1. The lady told me that so I told her I had snakes !! She knows I don't.
Our SS has chicks and ducks right now, but I have 40+ chicks coming in March so I am NOT going to look!
Last fall they ordered a mixed bunch of chicks and there were quite a few white crested black Polish in there with the others. I don't want any of those and didn't purchase any.

Our stores won't tell you where they get theirs from either. However the SS got in a shipment while I was there last summer (I knew they were coming that day and I was in the store waiting!!! LOL!!!) and the box had Ideal printed on the side.

Our SS is a very small local store. It carries a variety of things in small quantities. We don't usually buy feed there, but wait until we need horse feed, chicken feed, and something else like lumber and drive to Pokomoke, MD. There is a TSC and a Lowes there. Not much here and the greatest %age of property is agricultural.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they are white crested black polish (all pullets)

I think the Polish chicks that came in to SS last summer were all black except their top knot??? Was that a different color? I don't keep Polish and have no idea. Guess I will have to "Google" them! LOL!

I went to Tractor Supply yesterday to pick up some dog and cat food and was surprised to find chick days here already lol. I had to go look, but wasn't expecting to get any chicks... However they had one breed I've really wanted, Black Australorps! so I came out with 4 bags of dog food, 2 bags of cat food, and 6 little chicks! Not going to buy anymore(I had planned on only hatching my own eggs this year)..... unless they get any silkies and/or buff orpingtons!
gig.gif

I think the Polish chicks that came in to SS last summer were all black except their top knot??? Was that a different color? I don't keep Polish and have no idea. Guess I will have to "Google" them! LOL!
if the top knot was white they would be white crested black/wc black. polish often times have a white top knot. i have a wc blue frizzled.

Polish chickens are new to me. Got them in my Meyer assortment. I'll be learning as they grow :p They are a week old tomorrow and they have a row of white feathers on their wings, and black ones over top of the white.

Other news.. I went to TS after work to pick up some pine shavings, and no signs of chickies yet. (Bummer!) The guy I talked to said not till the first of march, or the week after that.
As if 30 chicks in my bathtub isn't enough, Still bummed out to have to wait to pick up some more! lol

Went to the other, their breed of the week was different (which is neat as there are 4 TSC that are within 45 mins of me or so), nothing I was interested in though. They did have 4 bantams left. I think red cochin. I think bantams are smaller than I will want... 2 pound birds that free range seem like hawk bait to me. Though I did consider going back several times to get them.

Back
Top Bottom