TSC Chicks being stolen all over the place? Can't find them anywhere!

Geekzftw

Hatching
Mar 3, 2023
Not 100% on where this should go but our local TSC stores don't have any chickens and hardly any ducks or other fowl. I went to all 3 locations and found a total of 2 ducks and 4 turkeys.
My local group said they talked to some employees and people posing as TSC employees are taking the chicks directly from the carrier. I have no idea how this even works or why there would be so much chick theft but it's hard to not raise an eye because I can't find any chicks anywhere in my city! We had zero issues last year!

I know some hatcheries raised prices this year due to all the craziness but i didn't think it would lead to possible theft! our city has a lot of porch pirates so i can see it happening but leave my chickens alone!

Anyways just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything similar, and should I just order chickens from somewhere like murray? I don't need a lot but if I can't find any I guess paying a premium is better than going without this year..

Wow, I knew there would be higher demand this year but not straight theft. I imagine this won't be a reoccurring issue if they've already figured out whats happening. My TSC gets chicks 1-2 times a week. They'll have more soon.

I'm not sure I buy that chicks are being stolen from the post office, but at the same time, at least here, it wouldn't be hard. I just would have to say I'm here for the TSC chicks and they'd go get them. Almost accidentally gave my chick box to the guy too last spring cause they just assumed the chicks all were for tsc. Tha kfully my post dude noticed the name and that I was in line and double checked the gal handing them over. I woulda been so sad

I highly doubt someone is stealing them, these stories are all part of the 2023 Great Chick Panic, but I do see some crazy hoarding behavior going on at feed stores right now. The Covid Pandemic, the current LONG H5N1 pandemic, egg prices, and social media conspiracies have got people completely unhinged and either hoarding chicks or buying them up to resell.

The South Hill, VA TSC sold out of the chicks they had gotten Wednesday morning in 15 minutes. As for impersonating TSC employees, all it takes is wearing a ratty looking red shirt with a strip of white tape stuck to it for a nameplate. You would think a company as profitable as TSC would provide their employees better looking apparel.

My friend ordered sapphire gems from them three weeks ago all 10 are perfectly healthy still. And her order of 10 Americaunas arrived today. I cannot believe that they stuffed 10 chicks inside of a box that small. But you have to pick them up from the post office, still I think it’s sad that they are shipped like that. They still have no comets for me to order. It’s hit or miss. It’s direct ship from Hoover’s. TSC Never has chicks at their store in Gilroy, California. There are guys out here selling chickens for about 30 bucks apiece where they used to be $20 for pullets. I saw someone try to sell roosters for $40. 10 chicks from Hoover’s are about $32.99 I’m just going to buy four sapphires from her when they’re ready to be let go. Unfortunately I can’t run a brooder Lamp or heater all night because we’re off grid so that’s why I have not gotten my own chicks. She did say if she gets any Roos she’s going to give them to me. Note the odd color chick in todays delivery
97C37A23-3839-4A1F-8A5E-FE183BBB670C.jpeg

Attachments

• 1799F4CC-B080-40DA-9C6C-DEE308249E9D.jpeg
    1799F4CC-B080-40DA-9C6C-DEE308249E9D.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom