Tufted Roman Geese

Im so happy! First time for me and my male got 96 points and BEST IN SHOW!

Way to Go Daniel, Congratulations to you and your male
thumbsup.gif

In 2012, I ordered 20 geese from metzer. They are pictured in my profile shot.

One was lucky enough to be a Tufted. (My order was only to be toulouse and embdens)

Tuffy the Tufted Roman is my pal. I gave away all of my other geese, but kept him and my Embden named Dororthy.

Last year they mated successfully, but both babies died within a week.

This year, 2014, they mated and have Leo and Sunday, a male and a female. They are mixed. He is 'showing' more of his Roman side. She is a bit, but not much.

I really fell head over heels with geese. More people should know how wonderful they are.

In 2012, I ordered 20 geese from metzer. They are pictured in my profile shot.

One was lucky enough to be a Tufted. (My order was only to be toulouse and embdens)

Tuffy the Tufted Roman is my pal. I gave away all of my other geese, but kept him and my Embden named Dororthy.

Last year they mated successfully, but both babies died within a week.

This year, 2014, they mated and have Leo and Sunday, a male and a female. They are mixed. He is 'showing' more of his Roman side. She is a bit, but not much.

I really fell head over heels with geese. More people should know how wonderful they are.
I love your avatar. Welcome to BYC

Which is the fe/male? Please pm me
@aliciasch some times members are pretty quiet this time of year with breeding and hatching season over.. Just guessing I'd say the goose on the left is female by her shorter neck and the goose on the right is gander he has slender longer neck.

Here is a cute video of how to tell a goose from a gander.

Back
Top Bottom