Turkey Day with MP & AussieSharon - photo heavy

Quote:
I think someone needs to get a bigger oven. I thought I did bad letting mine get to dress out at 26lbs.

They are just gorgeous birds, Dennis. They are so healthy. Even the females can get a little air time at thier jumbo weights.

Quote:
I always butcher the weekend before Thanksgiving.
smile.png

Quote:
I meant Bad in a not having a big enough oven Bad not for unhealthy birds, I did the bronze and white, only had one health issue, and that was with the youngest hen, she landed wrong jumping off the swing set. I have some heritage turkeys now, no wheres near as friendly as the BB's, they would run(now thats a site to see) to the back door to see who was coming out then follow you around like puppies(big puppies) I will be doing them again I'm sure.

Oh, I know what you meant. LOL

I was just amazed when I opened the cavity. Their liver was gorgeous. They are big with a nice fat pad but they are not 'fat' birds.

I really didn't expect them to be that big and am surprised how solid they are. I can't believe the hens can still fly.

Oh my gosh, I would like to be a fly on the wall when you stuff that bird. Your going to be up to your elbow....
gig.gif

ETA: Great job btw, both on your raising and having a fun day with the girlfriends......sounds like my kinda fun.

Last edited:
We will throw some carrots, apples, onion and garlic in there and truss him closed.He will indeed fill my oven to full.

Angie -

Did you dunk the birds in hot water before you picked them? If so, what kind of bucket did you find that was big enough? A 20-gallon crock?

They're huge!

Back
Top Bottom