Turkey Experts - Information Needed

WindyOaksYokes

Songster
12 Years
Jul 17, 2007
Central Virginia
We are in need of some information from you turkey owners... We have 2 Royal Palm Toms and 2 Blue Slates... one female and one Tom
1. Turkeys start laying around 20 weeks... Correct?
2. Do they start out with pullet eggs like chickens?
3. What should we exspect from these breeding...crossing royal palm with blue slates?
4. How long does it take these to hatch... and will she set on them?
Any information that any of you can give to us would be greatly appreciated... The turkeys do not have their own coop and at this time, we do not have the funds to put up a seperate area for them... If I am able to though, would it be okay just to make a small area just for her and her eggs? How big would it need to be? I know for each turkey it is 4 to 5 sqft per turkey... is this correct? Will she be okay by herself? These turkeys belong to my son Cody, and I have given him the information that I have read on here... but I am still unsure if I am correct.
Thanks for any infomation you can provide... Tes & Cody

sorry.. I have a tom Royal Palm but hes not in a pin either.. he just runs around and roosts where ever he wants.. Im no help...
sad.png

All I can tell you is that we have 21 blue slates and they are in the pasture. About 4 acres of it. WHen I bush hog I leave places scattered about that the grass is REALLY tall and some bed up there, nest there etc... The eggs take 28 days to hatch. They will lay some smaller eggs at first but mine are usually pretty good sized. I don't let mine set on them because I have big incubators and something always seems to find and eat the eggs. Don't know about crossing those 2 birds. Hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom