Turkey hen wont stop crying

Emily02037aj

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 27, 2015
Me and my mom rescued this hen from being neglected
And she will not stop crying :(
Her old place had a tom and lots of other hens. It’s been a 5 days now and she still hasn’t taken the hint 😷

She wasn’t super tame when we got her and has a large gash so she’s in pain but she’s on antibiotics :(

I’m clueless, help!

Edit: she isn’t alone and has a friend with her!

Attachments

• 11A42DB0-75F7-4753-AB0B-E6AAD6A4C5EE.jpeg
    11A42DB0-75F7-4753-AB0B-E6AAD6A4C5EE.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Me and my mom rescued this hen from being neglected
And she will not stop crying :(
Her old place had a tom and lots of other hens. It’s been a 5 days now and she still hasn’t taken the hint 😷

She wasn’t super tame when we got her and has a large gash so she’s in pain but she’s on antibiotics :(

I’m clueless, help!
Turkeys are very social birds. Removing her from her flock is likely to cause her depression.

The wound is likely a mating injury.

Turkeys are very social birds. Removing her from her flock is likely to cause her depression.

The wound is likely a mating injury.
I’m aware they’re social! But is there a time estimate to when she’ll get over it? It’s not like she’s alone;;

Sometimes hens walk around “crying” when they are looking for a place to nest. I don’t know your setup, but is there, or can you make, a place for her to nest?

It’s that time of year and she was with toms, so most likely she will start laying soon. You could let her brood the eggs, or hatch them in an incubator. I wonder if she had a nest at her old place and is doubly upset at losing her flock and her babies?

Back
Top Bottom