Turkey house hoop house or stand alone building whats your thoughts?

BooneHillbilly

Songster
10 Years
Aug 29, 2009
West Virginia
I'm in the process of building 6 25x25' turkey pens. They will have individual house in each pen.. So what's your thoughts on hoops houses vs a small pole building in each pen? Price would be around the same with the HD tarps.

I'm building little hoop houses for my flock. I want structures that let in the most light, and feel that white tarp over a hoop structure is the most cost effective and stable (i.e., wind resistant) way to go.

Here is mine I built last year from tractor supply cattle panels, for my cornish rocks..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/image/id/5827984/width/400/flags/LL

8ft x 10ft

Want to start my midget whites in it this year, but I'm thinking I might need another
or a bigger one

Post any plans or pictures you come across.

yours is very similar to ours.. ours are a little bigger (we used a total of 5 cow panels) 8'8" X 16'
here's one we're finishing today (still need to add the door, poultry netting, hardware cloth and tarp)

I have been using the hoop houses for the cornish for a few years as well as my midget whites and even my hogs... Thing is only the hogs use them.. the turkeys just sit on their roosts no matter if is -2 or 100 degrees... Looks like hoops it is...

Back
Top Bottom