Turkeys Stomping

That's what I thought, but I am almost positive it's a male he is stomping on while the hen watches??!! So confusing!!

I love watching my tom strut and dance and shake his tail and stomp and rattle his wings

. He thinks he is the center of the universe, and spends more time courting than he does eating, sleeping, or anything else.

I haven't caught the hens yawning, but they sure don't look impressed.

I just now saw my Chocolate tom do this for the first time and came here to get answers. He was outside our bedroom window, strutting and puffing air out his mouth and vibrating his feathers at me. Then his posture changed. At first I wondered what was wrong with him, why was he all hunched up like that? Then he turned slightly and I could see that he was stomping! LOL What a weirdo. ;-) (he's 12 mos)

Last edited:
I love the turkey stomp! My fiances dad had a broad breasted bronze that was about 5 years old and would stomp all the time! Unfortunately he passed away last year after he hurt his foot :( they now have a half white/half wild male that we think is a little over a year old, I haven't seen him stomping yet though...

My BBB R 3 yrs old. They're pets 1 male 2 female. Separated because the male is huge and afraid he'll kill females. Just saw him do the stomp a week ago and several times since then. Exactly same posture as when mating except no female under him.

My BBB R 3 yrs old. They're pets 1 male 2 female. Separated because the male is huge and afraid he'll kill females. Just saw him do the stomp a week ago and several times since then. Exactly same posture as when mating except no female under him.[/quot

Turkeylady3 your bbb are 3 yo??? How do you keep them healthy?!

Mine r so spoiled. I give them treats. Sunflower seeds dried meal worms and cracked corn in addition to their normal food daily. The 2 girls I let out daily and they fly short distances and eat grass. I pick grass and give to big bird (the male). We have a small coop with a roost in it for bad weather. Which I have to force them in to. My heart breaks when the girls won't let me let them. And big bird tries to do bodily harm to me. Can't go in his cage. My husband can though.

Back
Top Bottom