Twin Chicks Double yolk

Mutant chickens apparently. This particular one usually lays doubles. She's a RiR.

It spiked to 104 for 4 hours

Last edited:
My guess is they will be fine. I have had spikes of 104+ for a few days. They are so much tougher than they are made out to be!

Do you have pics of your 2x yolkers candling? I am pretty sure it's a double but I can't tell. It's bigger then my normal eggs but it's not hugs as my triple and other double I got <---- which sadly aren't fertile :( the one on question is fertile :jumpy

Hoping that both your 2x yolkers are doing okay :fl :)

A common occurrence with fertile double yolkers is that the embryo that is developing faster will absorb/ take over the other one so you may have just one chick hatch from a double. Weird stuff...

Peep-chicken
One off the double yolks has a pic of the candling I few posts up. The large one next to the darker egg we believe is a triple yolk. I am not able to get a pic of the candling of the triple just yet because it has not been in incubation long enough for the yolks to be dark enough for my phone camera to pick up.

Last edited:
Ty. I hope they do but I do know t that the odds are against us too. Just have to wait and see :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom