Uh oh... found an egg today! ... - A journal of sorts, from finding eggs to hatching them... Update

May I ask all the guinea people if they can tell if these eggs are guinea? My guinea were born April 16. I have Polish that were born Feb 16. I thought my Polish were laying but the eggs are way to small and they have a tan tint to them. A person on the Polish group raises guinea and thinks they are guinea eggs. I have 3 pics that are taken in sun, shade, and in the house. one egg is store bought.

They don't appear to be guinea eggs.

Are you saying that your guinea hen(s) are two months old? Sorry - you said they were hatched in April but you didn't say what year. If they were hatched April this year, no way - they are not mature enough to lay. Anyway - crack one open. Guinea egg shells are WAY harder than chicken eggs, noticeably so.

Let us know when you solve the mystery.

Last edited:
x2 best way to check is to try to crack one open. A chicken egg will crack on one tap guinea eggs take about three or four ..... um er or the back of the kinfe. The shell is about twice the thickness of a chicken egg.

deb

Happiness is being woken up at 3:49 a.m. to "peepeepeepeepEEPEEPEEP" and finding two brand spankin' new keets in the hatcher.

Uber happiness is going back to sleep.

I have four more pipping eggs in the hatcher, by the way.
big_smile.png

I now have enough keets to call it a small flock. YEA!!! Pictures to follow.

Glad you figured it out Rose!
Hope Your Guineas will lay a few eggs for you as soon as they are old enough... they can lay until as late as September!

Back
Top Bottom