UK Member Please Say HI

Hello I'm from Wiltshire uk
1f60a.png
currently warming up my incubator ready for silkie eggs!! Hello to all the uk people
1f44b-1f3fb.png

Hi and welcome to the thread! :) Good luck with the Silkie eggs- be sure to post pics for us all to drool over when they hatch......

Hello all! So I've had to move my 4, 3 week old chicks outside, its cold and its raining. Ive sectioned off their run so they're just in the coop, loads of straw, sawdust and a heatlight, I just need some reassurance that they'll be okay, theres a tarp under the coop so they're off the wet floor, ive been out about 20 times since i put them out an hour ago, they seem happy enough, wandering around and not congregating under the lamp, this is the 1st time i've kept chicks so any info and advice is more than welcomed, Thanks for reading, Chrissy x

Aaahh. They look super happpy. They'll be just fine with the heat lamp and plenty of chick crumb. Without being able to see the picture as I'm replying, its a good idea to put clean stones in their water providers so they can't drown if they fall in (you may have already done this, I just cant see the pic currently). Don't stress if you can try...they look lovely & cosy! Good luck. Sasha xx

Hiyah!! Fellow Silkie fan here...bred a few of my own last year under broodies. I have a super Splash Silkie cockerel from last season whom I'm hoping will prove fertile enough to father some chicks later this year. Welcome to the thread, I look forward to the piccies of the fluffballs! Sasha xx
Hi Sasha
1f60a.png
beautiful aren't they!! I had a failed hatch a couple weeks ago due to them being shipped eggs so I've made some improvements on the incubator and collected some eggs myself! Fingers crossed. I will definitely be putting photos up
1f60a.png
xx

Despite having an ultrasound and antibiotics and seeming to pull through-sadly, Jackie, my standard silky, passed away in my arms tonight. Am heartbroken.
These gorgeous girls are so important in our lives and I will miss her so much.

Despite having an ultrasound and antibiotics and seeming to pull through-sadly, Jackie, my standard silky, passed away in my arms tonight.  Am heartbroken.

Oh Goodness Paula. So sorry...after she was back out with the flock too. I've lost far too many for a variety of reasons and it doesn't get any easier. Sending much love and hugs to you. RIP Jackie xx

Despite having an ultrasound and antibiotics and seeming to pull through-sadly, Jackie, my standard silky, passed away in my arms tonight.  Am heartbroken.

:hugs I'm so so sorry for your loss. It sounds to me like you did everything that you could, and I'm sure that she lived a great life.

Afternoon all !

Been keeping chickens - or is that the other way round ? for the last 8yrs......had all different breeds since we started, currently we have 4 girls - Zoe, Dixie, Connie & Honey (yes, we watch 'Casualty' !), 2 x Speckled Star/Marans, one Black Rock, and a Light Sussex who's always filthy as she loves dust and sand baths lol.
Oh, and all get names and all have such different 'quirky' characters.
We're in NW Leicestershire so a big hello to everyone UK and beyond..............

Connie

Honey

Connie & Dixie

Dixie, Honey & Zoe.

Back
Top Bottom