UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
Glad you got one of them anyway! We're lucky, we have a guy that comes around all season hunting at night. It keeps the numbers down for us. We've been working hard getting our runs into what we want and finally seeing some progress!

This is the main gate, which leads to a walkway with pens on either side.

The mesh we used is a really firm plastic netting, and the walkway is big enough to get my wheelbarrow through.

Each pen has its own gate that opens inward.

Next is to change the existing runs on the other side so that they match. I also am looking at trees to plant in the new runs, but it's getting there!

@hensanity things are looking great there at your place :thumbsup Wish I had that much room there would be no stopping me then!!

That's good you have some one regular that shoots them. My other half goes all year round too it's seems that they are just relentless. The more you get rid of the more move into the area.

We do have a lot of space, the hubby is talking about adding in a small orchard on the other side of the field as well. My father in law built this place up from just a tiny plot with the house and buying the surrounding land as soon as it came available. We are so fortunate to have it!

Oh well done at catching that Yorkshire coop theres no way anything having these my husband has designed coop like fort knocks
Whîle I'm on here you might be able to answer my question I bought 2 Indian runner ducks at pol after purchasing them on the Saturday Sunday morning 1 of them had laid a small egg around the size of a small chicken egg but then nothing since that was a week ago is this normal?

I'm not a duck expert but I would think that they would be the same as chickens when they first start laying. Sometimes it can take a while for them to get their laying machines in order. As long as they are acting normal and seem healthy I would not worry too much.

How are you finding the ducks? I would like some but the mess they make puts me off.

do you know I don't know what all this mess is about unless mine are secret cleaners there pond is in the garden so there is no water imbue coop for making a mess in ( only water in coop is in a drink tanker) they poo about the same as chickens.
Only thing I do is move the pond once a week so that it does not ruin the ground.
So I can honestly say mess wise mo probs, trying to get them to eat their wheat however is harder than I thought leaving it in their bowl is no good the chickens raid it so ive put it in a bucket of water and they don't seem to wanna touch it so I'm stumped

Last edited:
Hello Im in the South Welsh valleys 

Nice to meet you all :) 

I have a Light Sussex and two light Sussex cross RIReds

Hi there :frow
Great you could join the thread, what are your cross birds like? I like cross ones think they add something a little different. I have crossed some polish and Amber and they made interesting birds.

Hi there :frow
Great you could join the thread, what are your cross birds like? I like cross ones think they add something a little different. I have crossed some polish and Amber and they made interesting birds.

They are very friendly and brilienly curious and have already learnt the sound of the shed Door where there feed is

Hi everyone. I'm in Leeds, West Yorkshire. I'm a newbie myself, but my hubby kept our first flock of RIR'S until a fox attacked them. I'm in the process of landscaping our garden and still need to purchase another coop and chickens. Where would you say is the best place to purchase a coop? Our first coop was my bro-in-law's handmedown to start us off. I'm looking to house 3-4 possibly hybrids like Warren etc. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom