UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
Hi! I'm from Liverpool and I'm totally new to keeping chickens. I have 3 that I have had for a week now. I am having trouble with all of them to be honest!

Hi! I'm from Liverpool and I'm totally new to keeping chickens. I have 3 that I have had for a week now. I am having trouble with all of them to be honest!

Hi there :frow
Welcome to the thread, I've just replied on your new member intro. We can talk here though if you want as I'm sure more greeters will be along to greet you on your other thread.

We have Rhode Island Reds, Light Sussex, Plymouth Barred Rocks, French Copper Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Welsummers, Cream Legbars, Brahmas, and a few Black Rock hybrids. My favourites are my Brahmas and my Marans. The Brahmas are really friendly and laid back. I don't really have any "mean" birds, but we do handle them a lot from hatch on. Sometimes you do get a hen that's a bit of a bully until the pecking order is established, but as long as they have plenty of room they tend to be fine. My cream legbars and Welsummers tend to be skittish, but they'll still come up for a treat lol.

Hi there...i'm based in the Midlands. It's a shame you're not enjoying the chicken experience....What are you having the most trouble with? My black rock is super sweet...maybe your's is just asserting herself as top hen whilst they all find the pecking order?

Last edited:
My white Sussex is really ill, sits down all the time, has raspy breathing and watery poop. We are taking her back to the farmer today as we've only had her 6 days and she been like this all week!

My white Sussex is really ill, sits down all the time, has raspy breathing and watery poop. We are taking her back to the farmer today as we've only had her 6 days and she been like this all week!

Probably Mycoplasma brought on by the stress of moving. The vets can prescribe Tylan to pop in their water..I've had this a few times after buying new ones, they've always pulled round after a day or two on Tylan. If the farmer will have it back then that's probably best. Good luck.

Hi welcome, if she has been in with any other chickens you already had you may need to keep an eye on them, you should keep new chickens away from your flock to make sure and problems dont get past on, hope things work out
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom