UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
Congratulations - that is soooo exciting. They are too cute! Hope you're loving seeing all this wonderful nature unfolding before you - my two children and I are totally rapt
wee.gif

We've been out to check when we got home from work/school tonight, and there's now 7 (maybe 8) chicks under mum - and one more hatching (can't see other egg, so maybe I'm miscounting the chicks. It's hard to make head from tail in the snuggling melee under the broody!). The full Polish are very funny-looking!

Went out to check on my broody mama and saw this!
Congratulation :celebrate They are so cute :love
I have eggs arriving tomorrow, 4 ayam cemani and 2 jersey giants i cant wait to join in with chick pics!
Good luck with your eggs, are you using an an incubator or a hen?
Congratulations - that is soooo exciting. They are too cute! Hope you're loving seeing all this wonderful nature unfolding before you - my two children and I are totally rapt :weee We've been out to check when we got home from work/school tonight, and there's now 7 (maybe 8) chicks under mum - and one more hatching (can't see other egg, so maybe I'm miscounting the chicks. It's hard to make head from tail in the snuggling melee under the broody!). The full Polish are very funny-looking!
Congrats on your chicks :celebrate I too miss counted when my hen hatched her eggs off. She had 4 eggs but when I checked I could only see three chicks. When she came off the nest I could only find three shells too. Was convinced she had eaten a chick and shell. But when they came out from under her there was 4 chicks!! Maybe I need new glasses. Your little polish is beautiful. They do look a little odd with their big heads don't they but still super cute.

@Yorkshire coop I am using Scrambles one of my Silkies, I had Clarissa my Sussex hatch Scrambles and her sisters so hoping Scrambles will be a natural mother like her mother was! Put the eggs under her today so the wait has begun!

The chicks are beautiful! Congrats
love.gif

I did one last incubation of a runner duck egg but it hasnt worked out. Its the first time I have had a duckling die from skull malformation in the egg. Apparently, i have been reading up on it, its to do with the Balinese gene which gives a pompom on the head but, I guess like the silkie, that can cause issues with the skull.

My beautiful chicks from the hatch previously are a lot bigger now and are just getting more and more attitude with their feathers! Including a beautiful red frizzle though, some photos below:

her feathers are almost leopard print but she hates beng picked up, I wondered if her feathers coming through are sensitive, she runs and pecks your toes when you put her down, I swear she growls too!.

Also, sorry to shamelessly advertise and I will remove it if its not allowed, but I have these two beautiful speckledys for sale as a breeding pair :

and if that annoyed anyone here is a really cute picture to make you happy again:

The chicks are beautiful! Congrats:love I did one last incubation of a runner duck egg but it hasnt worked out. Its the first time I have had a duckling die from skull malformation in the egg. Apparently, i have been reading up on it, its to do with the Balinese gene which gives a pompom on the head but, I guess like the silkie, that can cause issues with the skull. My beautiful chicks from the hatch previously are a lot bigger now and are just getting more and more attitude with their feathers! Including a beautiful red frizzle though, some photos below: her feathers are almost leopard print but she hates beng picked up, I wondered if her feathers coming through are sensitive, she runs and pecks your toes when you put her down, I swear she growls too!. Also, sorry to shamelessly advertise and I will remove it if its not allowed, but I have these two beautiful speckledys for sale as a breeding pair : and if that annoyed anyone here is a really cute picture to make you happy again:
Lovely pics!! Sorry your last hatch has not worked out well. I'm sure there is a thread on here more than likely in the duck section all about crested ducks and the problems with it. Nice birds your selling, I'm selling too not buying at the moment :hit

Hi :welcome Michelle

Glad you could join us here!! Do you have chickens at the moment?

Thanks. I have 4 runner ducks that I hatched this year. Looking like 3 drakes and one duck so we'll be doing another batch to get a better male/female ratio. Have the hatching bug already and hope to add chickens to our collection maybe next year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom