UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
It was female in good condition too. Glad they have not found you @chickens galore may it stay that way too!!

@GGBEAR Maybe I'm being thick but see the other side? :idunno

HI they have been in the village, killed a whole flock of chicken I sold, I live on the common and see foot prints in the winter but so far Ive been lucky, we have foster kids who we have since become part of our forever family, I would hate them to find any thing had hurt the chickens, havnt taken pictures yet because we have had loads of rain and that messes their hair do's up. I would be a rubbish shot with a gun but admire you
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone is well?

@GGBEAR be on guard if you have one mooching around!! Can you get your other half to pee around the garden? Men's pee is meant to keep them away or so I have read.

Last edited:
Hope everyone is well?

@GGBEAR be on guard if you have one mooching around!! Can you get your other half to pee around the garden? Men's pee is meant to keep them away or so I have read.

We've had a couple of daytime foxes, fortunately we've been around and able to run them off, so I will suggest my OH does as you suggested. The dog pee seems to do nothing though. Lost my beautiful Welsummer today to some unknown illness, fine one minute....picked up, loved, fussed and passed away the next moment. It never gets any easier. RIP Gemma...you were an absolute pleasure xx

Oh I'm so sorry to read about Gemma @Rudies Roost :hugs
It's always very sad when we lose a beloved member of the flock. At least it was quick and from what you have described she was happy. I know just how you feel, Poppet in my avatar was my most beloved bird and had to be put to sleep. It was truly awful and I tell you I cried my eyes out after. Times a great healer though and I can now look back on all the good times we had together when he was well. I hope you can too with Gemma.

Does your dog still have his bits? I think they need them to produce the scent that is mean to keep the foxes at bay.

Oh I'm so sorry to read about Gemma @Rudies Roost :hugs
It's always very sad when we lose a beloved member of the flock. At least it was quick and from what you have described she was happy. I know just how you feel, Poppet in my avatar was my most beloved bird and had to be put to sleep. It was truly awful and I tell you I cried my eyes out after. Times a great healer though and I can now look back on all the good times we had together when he was well. I hope you can too with Gemma.

Does your dog still have his bits? I think they need them to produce the scent that is mean to keep the foxes at bay.

Thank you for your response. ..we are gutted about our hen passing, why is it the loveliest ones that give in? The poor love was only 15 months old, just having her first moult, we have no idea what happened, I usually always get them to the vet in time but this one unfortunately, I failed. Our pointer dog is a ***** so the pee mustn't be effective. She scours and clears the garden at night, but the birds are locked up and safe then, it's just the occasional day foxes that worry me if she doesn't spot the quickly enough, we have a fair bit of land she has to cover. I'm lucky though, the dog is fantastic with the chucks & ducks.

Back
Top Bottom