UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
@rebrascora

Hi Barbara :frow

Lovely to hear from you!! Your doing better than me on the riding front but what a pain for that shoe to come off 100 yards form home :/ Always the case isn't it!! Harry had his done on Monday, he had a fair old crack up one of the fronts as I'd left him far too long :oops: 12 weeks was just too much! He looks like he has little pony feet now they have been done. I'm hoping to get on him in the school tomorrow :fl Farrier managed to get most of the crack out so he says if I get him done sooner next time all should be good. My friend is having real trouble with hers over tracking and pulling shoes off :barnie She's resorted to turning her out in over reach boots to try to help it but even with that I'm not holding my breath. Plus she had hers removed for a week while she went for her height certificate, made a right mess of her feet so that's not helped. Sounds like Rasc's feet are the same, Harry can't manage without a full set on. Last time I tried just fronts he had to come back 3 days later to put them back on as his feet were all broken away, legs swollen and lame as dog. The long reigning sounds much safer with a shoe off I have to say!!

I've not had experience of ascites but have read a bit about it. I found this out for you ~http://www.thepoultrysite.com/diseaseinfo/6/ascites
It seems to be usually found in broilers that have had rapid growth. I cant see why a sharp scalpel would not work. I've thrown away 5 needles last week too that you could have had. Can you post well packaged needles? Friends horse was on pen and strep due to leg infection but she can't inject so I did him for her. Used a new one everytime so a good sterilise and they would have still been good I reckon. I've had a look on here also using the search bar and a lot of threads came up on ascites. Fingers crossed you can help her, I'm more than sure you will be doing your best for her.

All is well here in our house, Spring would be very welcome though!!
I've not heard a crow since that original one and nothing is acting like a cockerel so I'm still hoping it was that mutt frizzle one aserting her authority!! One of the smooth blue pullets is laying I caught her in the nest box so she is off my list.

Been mild here too, all in all not too bad :D

Kim xx

Hi everyone, not been on for sometime, been reading all your messages, been fighting mud myself, i am sick of slipping in the slurry, also found out all 3 of my tolbunts are girls so need a boy to go in with them this will set me back a good few months to get the polish tolbunt self funding, I have also found this site rally slow lately, looking forwards to longer days and dryer weather, good luck on your coming birth GG, I had 4 so I know how that feels xx carolyn

Nice to hear from you Carolyn :frow

I'm on the hunt too for a Tolbunt cockerel. Still no luck yet so I may have to go on a different route with that. Just can't seem to find any at all. Might hatch some eggs off to get one for next year. Or I might go in a whole new direction, who knows yet :idunno

With the windy Weather we have had things have dried a little which is good but boy is this wind making things wild!!
Think it's the ads that make things run slow on here. I'm always on here so that's why I got a membership so I could turn them all off as they can be a pain in the backside. Internet here is slow enough on its own never mind it trying to load ads too.

Yes we are still waiting for news on @GGBEAR :pop
Fingers crossed she is ok :fl

Good luck in your search for a Tolbunt cockerel, have a lovely Tuesday :D

Last edited:
Just had to google Tolbunt cockerel to see what you girls are both so desperate for!! Is it the colour that makes it a Tolbunt or is there something different about the conformation.....I didn't get that far in my search.... just a few images...afraid they don't do it for me but at least that means there's less competition for you two.... I have visions of you both finding the same one and fighting over it..... or maybe you could share in a stud syndicate! I hope whoever has one for sale isn't a member of BYC or they could probably name their price and double it or just set you off in a bidding war.

Pleased to report that I had a fab ride out on MeMe on Sunday. Just her and I and she was good as gold. I was so proud since I bred and broke her myself. We even had a little canter, our first!!. No bucks, no napping, forward going but not strong...just perfect
Shame this wind is preventing me from getting her out again but hopefully it will drop tomorrow. Yes, it's drying things up here too.... heaven!!!
Bit concerned about Rascal as his hind fetlock... the one he lost the shoe from.... is swollen. No obvious injury or sign of puncture but I'm pretty sure it's related to losing or being without that shoe. Blacksmith due in a weeks time. Let's hope I don't need a vet before then. He had a front leg swell up like a pillar 18months ago with no obvious cause, so I hope this isn't going to be a recurring problem.

Bit concerned that we haven't heard anything from GG in a while. Hope she's OK.

I got 9 eggs yesterday...Woo Hoo! Unfortunately that is from 22 hens and pullets that could be laying and there are another possible 6 to come on line in a month or so. Tasha is back to work though, so I'm getting her little pink egg now to go with my greens, olives, browns and whites.
The breaking news at the farm yard is that Harry Houdini has been deposed as flock leader. In a "coup" instigated by one of the unnamed young leghorn cross cockerels from my last hatch, in cahouts with the deputy leader, Henry (the 8th) who I think is his dad, poor Harry has been run to ground. Can't decide if I am going to step in as UN peace keeper and reinstate the deposed king and maybe execute the imposter leaving Henry as leader with Harry as deputy.... Harry is my pure legbar and he was given to me as a 50th birthday gift.... we've had a few run ins since then but in this past year we've had a good working relationship and I feel so sad to see him reduced to cowering in a corner, especially to a mongrel little upstart that's only half his size. He's not even pretty! When I think of those three massive and gorgeous Marans crosses I processed, to be left with this little jerk taking over the flock is not on! There's hardly enough of him to be worth eating and no eye candy potential. Do you think Harry will recover from his humiliation if I remove the little oik?

Think that's all my news for now. Hope everyone is surviving the storm....I've lost a couple of slates off my brand new roof but could be a lot worse I suppose. Will have to get on to the builder today.

Best wishes

Barbara

Found a tolbut boy at pear tree poultry but they want £50 and its a long way from me and above my budget, so I will be hatching as soon as I get my next broody, I have 3 silkies and 3 gold tops so shouldn't be long regards carolyn

Hi Barbara :frow

It's the colour that I like with the Tolbunt :love I'm not going to pay a fortune for one though so I think it will be the egg route for me and see how it goes. I have been looking into doing some sex link chicks so I'm not feeding scrawny boys up for nothing. Sex link I could cull just after hatch and flog the male ones as food for snakes etc. Need to look into it a bit more first with the cost of feeding the girls up before selling them.

Fab news on MeMe :clap It's so nice when things go well hope it does next time you get out on her too. Fingers crossed Rascal is just swollen from a lack of a shoe. Could he have a bit of gravel? I'm sure you have already checked for that though.

Your egg basket must be looking good with all those colours :D
Your story of Harry being deposed has had me in stiches :lau I would give him a chance and remove the little oik!! Fancy the little devil taking over. Poor Harry :hugs I think Henry has the right idea there staying as the little oiks deputy, he probably knows the oik will be for the chop and as Henry has not technically taken over he will be safe and then become leader in the end. Smart bird there!

Things not too bad here with the wind, my run covers are a bit battered and some of the elastic has snapped but nothing that can't be fixed. The house over the road from us have had a tree come down in their garden. Only about 15 feet from the house too so that was lucky for them!! Horses all a bit wild when it's gusty but all in all not bad.

Hope the rest of Tuesday is good for you Barbara!

Kim xx

Found a tolbut boy at pear tree poultry but they want £50 and its a long way from me and above my budget, so I will be hatching as soon as I get my next broody, I have 3 silkies and 3 gold tops so shouldn't be long regards carolyn

£50 :eek: No way am I paying that much for a cockerel!! I'm sure gonna check them out for some eggs though. I've got itchy fingers to get the incubator out :bun
You should have no probs with having a broody soon :highfive:

oh gosh I'm sorry
1f61e.png
my lovely followers lol
1f601.png
I never realized you loves me so much ha ha
1f60a.png
no I'm sorry
1f61e.png
to report this baby
1f476.png
has still not made a appearance I had a disgusting membrane sweep yesterday to try and speed things up but as of yet nothing!!!!!!!as for a name I like the nan Aiyla Dawn but me and my husband have not agreed Dawn is after my best mate whom is also going to be present at the birth it will be like a bloody peep show.
As for singing with my chickens they seem to dash past me at the mo probably in fear I might crush them either that they think I'm a hippo lol
1f601.png
tryin to keep my spirits up
1f446.png
xxxx thanks for all of you who are imagining how this is gonna feel ouch
1f612.png

oh gosh I'm sorry
1f61e.png
my lovely followers lol
1f601.png
I never realized you loves me so much ha ha
1f60a.png
no I'm sorry
1f61e.png
to report this baby
1f476.png
has still not made a appearance I had a disgusting membrane sweep yesterday to try and speed things up but as of yet nothing!!!!!!!as for a name I like the nan Aiyla Dawn but me and my husband have not agreed Dawn is after my best mate whom is also going to be present at the birth it will be like a bloody peep show.
As for singing with my chickens they seem to dash past me at the mo probably in fear I might crush them either that they think I'm a hippo lol
1f601.png
tryin to keep my spirits up
1f446.png
xxxx thanks for all of you who are imagining how this is gonna feel ouch
1f612.png

There you are! :bow

She's still not here then :eek: Would the sweep have worked straight away or can it take time? How about a good curry? Or an early night? ;) Things like that are meant to help or so I've read!!

I'm sure your not a hippo at all :hugs Do try to keep your spirits up, once she's here and your holding her it will all seem a walk in the park :hugs
Don't forget some pics! Not of the birth obviously, dont want to add to your peep show :gig

Best of luck if you don't get chance to get on again before the big day :fl

Lol can take up to 48 hours but I'm still sat here nothing happened got another sweep on Monday ouch Spivey food she loves and me as for early nights ive tried even though I really don't feel like it and believe me a hippopotamus is kind lol
A walk in the park rofl who u kidding ha ha
I wont forget pictures execs thanks

Back
Top Bottom