UK Member Please Say HI

Hello, up to now I have 2 Wyandotte girls (Clara and Clarabell) a Peking bantam Clarissa and a day old silkie bantam (sweet pea) the only baby to hatch from my last lot, but who is doing very well up to now. I am a complete animal lover.. along with the chickens I have 2 dogs and 2 pet rats. Fairly new to keeping a flock in the garden but having grown up on a farm I missed them terribly so we decided to go ahead and get the girls last year. Looking forwards to sharing my experiences with them on here.

Hi. I'm a new member and am in North Yorks. 'Yorkshire Coop' suggested I introduced myself here (had posted on New members section). Have just taken on 4 ex battery hens last week...Lost my last girl couple of weeks ago at 8 and a half. Love seeing them experiencing things for the 1st time
1f60a.png

Hi and welcome both of you to thread!

Always nice to have more folk from Yorkshire joining :D

@jessfn
Sounds like you have a great love of animals there. I hope sweat pea continues to make progress, that's such a shame pea was the only one to hatch. I'm sure a small cuddly toy would be great company. Also a little mirror can also help. Have you thought about trying to find some chicks of the same age for company?

@freedom4

Good luck with your new girls! I just read on your other thread about them going to bed, that really is great that they picked it up so quickly :D

Wow Jon they sure are growing fast! Love the pic of them :D

Not too bad here, crazy busy with this, that and other. Birds are molting and hardly any eggs but all good.

Hi and welcome both of you to thread!

Always nice to have more folk from Yorkshire joining :D

@jessfn
Sounds like you have a great love of animals there. I hope sweat pea continues to make progress, that's such a shame pea was the only one to hatch. I'm sure a small cuddly toy would be great company. Also a little mirror can also help. Have you thought about trying to find some chicks of the same age for company?

@freedom4

Good luck with your new girls! I just read on your other thread about them going to bed, that really is great that they picked it up so quickly :D

Hi and Thankyou!
Pea now has a mirror and a toy in the brooder with him. Iv just been looking for a chick or two to keep him company. Wasn't sure if it would be a good idea or not but a few people have suggested it! I feel so sorry for him...
Hoping he Makes progress! he seems very strong up to now I just worrie he will get lonely.

Gosh you can tell
I'm new to this lol.... hi I'm also new! Awww 8 and a half bless!!!!! Have you named your new girls x

Sharon cos she's the bossy one, Ginger cos she tried to get out of the box all the way home in the car (Ginger from Chicken Run), Blossom cos she's the smallest and will blossom now she's free range and 1 still to be named

Last edited:
Sharon cos she's the bossy one, Ginger cos she tried to get out of the box all the way home in the car (Ginger from Chicken Run), Blossom cos she's the smallest and will blossom now she's free range and 1 still to be named
Hey there, nice to see you again :) I love the name Ginger, Chicken run was one of my favourite films when I was little.

Back
Top Bottom