UK Member Please Say HI

:woot

Congratulations on your eggs! Very nice looking little treasures there :D
:/ The cheeky bleeper :mad:
Just asked my resident fox expert (other half) and he says Chasing it's tail and screaming means it was in a panic. It could have been during the day and that's what could be bothering your drake. They are cheeky and will come during the day. @rebrascora you have had them during the day haven't you?
Probably a dog fox if it was big. Have you got everything secure? It can't get in your coop can it? They are persistent at coming back when they know food is available.

Oh God. Be careful. Both of my fox attacks have been in day time. My ducks seem to survive everytime but you never can be sure. Keep a watch out. Good luck. Sasha xx

Very cheeky, the day walkers. Got my eye on one recently also.
Oh God. Be careful. Both of my fox attacks have been in day time. My ducks seem to survive everytime but you never can be sure. Keep a watch out. Good luck. Sasha xx
[/IMG]

Last edited:
:woot

Congratulations on your eggs! Very nice looking little treasures there :D
:/ The cheeky bleeper :mad:
Just asked my resident fox expert (other half) and he says Chasing it's tail and screaming means it was in a panic. It could have been during the day and that's what could be bothering your drake. They are cheeky and will come during the day. @rebrascora you have had them during the day haven't you?
Probably a dog fox if it was big. Have you got everything secure? It can't get in your coop can it? They are persistent at coming back when they know food is available.

It's @Ggbear Sasha who has the fox in her garden, see above post :D I have a friend who kept chickens and ducks and she had an attack. Only one duck survived when everyone else was killed. They sure do seem to be resilient those ducks.

Very cheeky, the day walkers. Got my eye on one recently also.
[/IMG]

:eek:

If it were that close in my garden it would be getting some lead in it! Please do be careful.

@rebrascora

I got on Harry this morning Barbara :woot He was very good, no being silly apart from screaming for his field buddy. We only had about 20 minutes walking in the school but it went well. Way too foggy to head out for a short hack this morning. He was steady away admittedly but didn't feel too "off" so no retirement for him yet. He looks terrible though with his woolly greasy coat! Never been as late with getting him clipped but as I was not sure how things would go I held off on the clipping. Going to head back this afternoon and get a blanket clip done on him, rinse off in the washroom and get his mane pulled :D He may look at bit cared for then! I just hate thick winter coats :(

Hope you manage to get out today on yours and that your not too cold up there!

Kim xx

First egg!
After what seemed to be a long wait we finally got our first egg. It seems on of the ladies has matured quicker than the rest of the girl's. We know who it is we think as her wattlles and comb are now huge!

And we think its our Vera.....

We are all so chuffed, can't wait for the other four girls to take the hint and pay their rent!!
1f601.png

Dan and Becky, Marjorie, Gertrude, Dorothea, Esmeralda and our star Vera!

First egg!
After what seemed to be a long wait we finally got our first egg. It seems on of the ladies has matured quicker than the rest of the girl's. We know who it is we think as her wattlles and comb are now huge!

And we think its our Vera.....

We are all so chuffed, can't wait for the other four girls to take the hint and pay their rent!!
1f601.png

Dan and Becky, Marjorie, Gertrude, Dorothea, Esmeralda and our star Vera!

Many congratulations! It does seem like an age waiting for that 1st egg...you'll be inundated come the Spring. I'm down to about 4/6 a day, quite a difference from 16/20 a day.....roll on next season! Great piccies and as I said before - great names for your hens. Sasha x

@dan lindley

Congrats from me too. Hope there are lots more to come but that the novelty of it never wears off.

One of my girls has just come back on line in the last few days and after weeks of just collecting mid and dark brown eggs with the occasional white one thrown in, I was totally chuffed to find a beautiful green egg from one of my older ladies that is just coming out of moult, a couple of days ago and then another one today.... It almost makes me feel like Spring is on the way!!!! (Ever the optimist!
roll.png
)

Best wishes

Barbara

@Yorkshire Coop

Hi Kim

I've been holding off replying until I had something positive to report but it would be rude to wait any longer.

Well done for riding Harry and good to hear that he is not ready to be retired yet. I'm afraid you put me to shame as I still haven't had any of mine out. I really had hoped to get MeMe out this afternoon but I failed yet again. Daylight is gone so quickly! I was intending to process cockerels tomorrow but if I do that I won't have time to ride. That said, it is supposed to be frosty tonight so it may be too icy to ride out in the morning and I could perhaps get some more boys dealt with before it gives and at least that should leave me free to ride Wednesday. I also have a couple of customers keen for me to deliver manure this week, so I need to find time for that. It will make life a little easier once I get one of my muck bays emptied.

How is Charlie's hand/wrist doing? I bet he is finding ways to do the things he likes but happy for it to prevent him doing things he doesn't!
Hope your Nanna's situation has improved a little or that she is at least a bit more comfortable.

Must head out now and lock up and do evening stables. Hope you have a relaxing evening.

Best wishes

Barbara

Omg can't believe the cheek of that fox
1f98a.png
the earliest I've known it.to come round is 4.3opm when its just going dark I think im quite lucky
1f340.png
where I live as to get t my garden
1f3e1.png
it has to either jump 5 fences running through quite big gardens or run up the road and there is always quite a few ppl about during the day. I live five houses up from the woods and also 4 out of the 5 of us have dogs 1 of which is constantly barking.
My husband just getting his rifle prepped up as we have spotted a 2 cheeky rats 1 is really old and the other is just a normal one bloody cheeky things are scurrying around seeing if my girls have got any food, got to nip it in the bud b4 my next door neighbour starts going wild saying my chickens have caused a infestation
1f62c.png

Back
Top Bottom