UK Member Please Say HI

I love your pink coops Yorkshire coop, so pretty!
My quail are doing well, I think, seem pretty happy in their new home. I had to round them up and pop them all into their little house for the night as they had decided they where going to huddle underneath.
Not as intelligent as chickens me thinks. Hehe

I love your pink coops Yorkshire coop, so pretty!
My quail are doing well, I think, seem pretty happy in their new home. I had to round them up and pop them all into their little house for the night as they had decided they where going to huddle underneath.
Not as intelligent as chickens me thinks. Hehe

Thank you :D They are not quite so pink at the moment due to the weather :lol:
Glad to hear your quail are doing well. What kind of set up do you have for them? Quail are ground nesters so won't "go up" to roost if their living quarters are above ground level.

Hi all my garden was a swamp recently got a few bales of bliss bedding mixed it with woodshavings and sawdust seems to have done the trick for now.I'm letting my birds out supervised at moment not sure if im in danger zone or not I live in Leeds.

I did buy one with a ramp before I realised they may not be too keen, but I have a rabbit hutch type house waiting in the wings just incase.
Some of them at least don't seem to be too bothered about going up and down it. I watched them for an hour or so before it got dark and all of them walked down the ramp (I put them in the little house part) and a few went back up for a nosy around.
I will switch them into the other one if they don't seem happy. I might have to cut the legs off mind, it's higher than the one they are in!

Hi all my garden was a swamp recently got a few bales of bliss bedding mixed it with woodshavings and sawdust seems to have done the trick for now.I'm letting my birds out supervised at moment not sure if im in danger zone or not I live in Leeds.

Great to hear you have managed to dry things up a bit :D
There is a map on here that you can check the risk of your area ~ https://www.gov.uk/government/news/update-on-biosecurity-measures-to-protect-against-avian-flu

I did buy one with a ramp before I realised they may not be too keen, but I have a rabbit hutch type house waiting in the wings just incase.
Some of them at least don't seem to be too bothered about going up and down it. I watched them for an hour or so before it got dark and all of them walked down the ramp (I put them in the little house part) and a few went back up for a nosy around.
I will switch them into the other one if they don't seem happy. I might have to cut the legs off mind, it's higher than the one they are in!

Hope they get it all figured out, I'm sure as they settle they will get the hang. When I moved my quail into the coop/run combo I have they slept under the house area in some hay and straw.

Just checked the map seems I'm in the middle of 2 high risk areas both of which have bird gardens or a high population of birds one been Roundhay park the other Lotherton Hall oh I forgot Temple Newsam

I just have bolts that I pop across when the door is down so they can't be lifted up. I do have the coops in a run which offers a bit more protection but don't take the chance since I lost all my birds to a fox and lock everything up on a night time.

OMG!!! Love the pink coops. How tidy and clean is your arrangement?

Will pop a bolt on in the next day or so as am off for half-term from 3.15 tomorrow!!!!
wee.gif

Love it!!!xxxx

OMG!!! Love the pink coops.  How tidy and clean is your arrangement?

Will pop a bolt on in the next day or so as am off for half-term from 3.15 tomorrow!!!!  :weee

Love it!!!xxxx

Yay! Me too....my daughter has an inset day tomorrow so I'm off from today...whoop, whoop. I've still got work but I'm only a dog walker so it's all good!

Just checked the map seems I'm in the middle of 2 high risk areas both of which have bird gardens or a high population of birds one been Roundhay park the other Lotherton Hall oh I forgot Temple Newsam

It's lovely when there's no AI isn't it but awful now? I have fed a variety of wild birds for years and now feel soooo guilty. Especially as I found bits of wings on my bedroom floor this morning! Not sure which of my four moggies is to blame just hope they took the rest of the bird outside and I don't find it rotting somewhere!!!

We have a lovely wild-bird sanctuary/country park about a mile away that I have not been to since the outbreak - I miss it.

Fingers crossed it doesn't continue for much longer.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom