Unabsorbed yold sac

Bunbun0412

Songster
Dec 18, 2020
Hello! My surprise chicks just hatched and one has an unabsorbed yolk sac and I have no clue what to do... I am just leaving it alone right now just in case it can absorb the rest but if there is anything I need to do please let me know. Thank you
20230612_180003.jpg

I like to apply an antibiotic ointment (without pain reliever) to the area and place the chick in clean paper towel (in an incubator) and then into a cup tall enough to prevent it from jumping out immediately. This helps limit activity while the chick absorbs the remainder of the yolk. Usually, once the chick can get out of the cup on its own, its navel has healed and it's ready to go into the brooder.

I like to apply an antibiotic ointment (without pain reliever) to the area and place the chick in clean paper towel (in an incubator) and then into a cup tall enough to prevent it from jumping out immediately. This helps limit activity while the chick absorbs the remainder of the yolk. Usually, once the chick can get out of the cup on its own, its navel has healed and it's ready to go into the brooder.
How do I know if it is a yolk sac, some umbilical stuff or an organ?

Back
Top Bottom