Unbalanced and Lethargic Hen

We live on a long country road where everyone has like 3 acres of land so I guess since it's like being in the middle of nowhere everyone thinks they could do what they want. Some of the dog owners would probably listen but others I don't think I'd be so lucky with. I'd almost be scared to take the chance because sometimes people will say they'll do something but really won't.My babies would have a heart attack because they have never been around a dog or even a cat. When I take one of my babies to the vet I keep their carrier covered up so they don't see the other animals and so they don't see them. There is so many logical answers but it seems there is always some kind of road block.I do thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your suggestions! :thumbsup
l
No problem! I thank you too for all of the help that you have given me. DaisyBird as well. I agree with what DaisyBird said, to maybe set up a temporary dog pen or something like that on the front porch, and stay out with them for a while. They'll really enjoy it. How are they doing?
1f414.png
1f44d.png
1f64c.png

I actually have taken Lilybug out on my deck snuggled in a blanket in my arms for some air, so I might just need to do it daily for all my babies.I even have been thinking about taking them for a little drive in my car with the windows slightly down just so they can get out of this disaster.They all made a 16 hour trip from Pennsylvania to Georgia about a year ago and didn't seem to mind it and I know for sure that Lilybug likes going for a little road trip!

I actually have taken Lilybug out on my deck snuggled in a blanket in my arms for some air, so I might just need to do it daily for all my babies.I even have been thinking about taking them for a little drive in my car with the windows slightly down just so they can get out of this disaster.They all made a 16 hour trip from Pennsylvania to Georgia about a year ago and didn't seem to mind it and I know for sure that Lilybug likes going for a little road trip!

If it's something that they enjoy, is safe and your circumstances allow, please, by all means, do it!!
1f609.png
1f44d.png
1f414.png
1f64c.png
If it could do some good for them in the long run, it's better to just do it.
1f609.png
But it's nice that your current circumstances allow for Lilybug's road trips and your babies some trips outside. I'm sure that they appreciate every precious breath of fresh air, and all the moments that they get to enjoy with you and your family as well!
1f414.png
1f44d.png
1f64c.png
1f609.png

Hey. Hope you both are doing well! I believe I'm having a run of bad luck. One of my guinea pigs passed away yesterday evening. I am very heart broken. He was such a little sweetie. We believe he died from a stroke.I feel exhausted with sick animals and the worry of losing them. His buddy is all alone now...I feel so bad for him.Having pets is hard when you lose them. I feel now I'm just waiting till I lose all of my pets because of this house. My pets are literally my world and I don't know what to do to save them.Fresh air here and there is probably not going to be enough to save them.
hit.gif
Thank you two for listening to me vent.

Hey. Hope you both are doing well! I believe I'm having a run of bad luck. One of my guinea pigs passed away yesterday evening. I am very heart broken. He was such a little sweetie. We believe he died from a stroke.I feel exhausted with sick animals and the worry of losing them. His buddy is all alone now...I feel so bad for him.Having pets is hard when you lose them. I feel now I'm just waiting till I lose all of my pets because of this house. My pets are literally my world and I don't know what to do to save them.Fresh air here and there is probably not going to be enough to save them. :hit Thank you two for listening to me vent.

I didn't know that you had guinea pigs! My parents used to have a few. I'm so sorry about your little guy.
1f627.png
Could he have died from the mold? Dehumidifiers are a REALLY good way to remove the water from the air, therefore removing mold. It might be a bit warmer in the house, but at least it gets rid of the mold, and it might do some good for your babies!
1f414.png
1f44d.png
I'm so sorry again about your little guy!
1f627.png
1f625.png

I didn't know that you had guinea pigs! My parents used to have a few. I'm so sorry about your little guy.
1f627.png
Could he have died from the mold? Dehumidifiers are a REALLY good way to remove the water from the air, therefore removing mold. It might be a bit warmer in the house, but at least it gets rid of the mold, and it might do some good for your babies!
1f414.png
1f44d.png
I'm so sorry again about your little guy!
1f627.png
1f625.png
Yep we had 2,now one. We have 2 rabbits too, but they belong to my son. We actually took in the guinea pigs from someone at my husbands work. Their previous owner had dogs too and wouldn't leave the guinea pigs alone so they kept them in a room by their selves while they tried to find them a new home.No one wanted them so they were gonna take them to the aspca which we know if they can't find them a home they get put to sleep so we took them.The Dehumidifier is a really good idea.The mold could very well be the reason why we lost our little guinea pig. I actually just spoke to the listing agent for that house I was telling you about.At first she said that there would be no way he would just take $2000 down but when I explained our situation and spoke about other things off the subject she seemed to make a turn and said we should come look at it.We really hit it off and spoke on the phone for well over an hour.She thought that having chickens in the house was sweet and she said ended our conversation by saying everyone deserves happiness.She also said that the house would be perfect for us because the house is totally fenced in and it has a big dog house that our babies could play in.God I hope this works out!!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!!!
fl.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherhenXOXO

Yep we had 2,now one. We have 2 rabbits too, but they belong to my son. We actually took in the guinea pigs from someone at my husbands work. Their previous owner had dogs too and wouldn't leave the guinea pigs alone so they kept them in a room by their selves while they tried to find them a new home.No one wanted them so they were gonna take them to the aspca which we know if they can't find them a home they get put to sleep so we took them.The Dehumidifier is a really good idea.The mold could very well be the reason why we lost our little guinea pig. I actually just spoke to the listing agent for that house I was telling you about.At first she said that there would be no way he would just take $2000 down but when I explained our situation and spoke about other things off the subject she seemed to make a turn and said we should come look at it.We really hit it off and spoke on the phone for well over an hour.She thought that having chickens in the house was sweet and she said ended our conversation by saying everyone deserves happiness.She also said that the house would be perfect for us because the house is totally fenced in and it has a big dog house that our babies could play in.God I hope this works out!!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!!!
fl.gif

Oh I hope that works out for you guys too!!!
thumbsup.gif
I'm so happy that it might just work out for ya'll. The pets would be sooo happy if they would be able to live/play outside!
D.gif
wee.gif
I would still take the precaution with the hawks and other predators that might attack them. But I really think that they'd be happier and healthier if they could be outside for most of the day. You should try to test out the dehumidifier if this house doesn't work out, or until you can get a contract or something on the other house. Good luck with it!!
yippiechickie.gif

fl.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about your guinea pig :( I had a bunch a few years ago. Three generations of them actually! They all lived long healthy lives and it always seems so odd not having a ton of cages in my room! I just have my prairie dog in here with me now, with a bunch of other critters living downstairs. A dehumidifier sounds like a great idea to freshen the air a bit! I would definitely try that out! And also the car rides might be a great way to get them all fresh air! I can just imagine piling a bunch of chickens into the back seat and going for a drive! I really hope it works out with the house! It sounds like they may be willing to work something out for you!

HI!
frow.gif
Sorry for being away. We have been busy. My husband and I looked at the house I've been talking about today. It needs work and the bathroom has mold on the ceiling above the shower but it has been ripped out and just needs to be repaired.It is in much better condition then what we are in now which says a lot about our current home because the other home is a fixer upper. After weighing out the pros and cons we decided to put in our offer because the listing agent feels the owner may work with us but could not say he would for sure. So we are waiting on the answer and you two will be the first to know! Keep your fingers crossed! I know our babies would be so happy there and I would be so relieved to know they are out of this mold mess.
Guinea pigs are fun! Our guinea pigs LOVES carrots and sometimes we would let them out to run around and we would give them their carrot treat.I usually wear flipflops and if I would go into the room with my toes exposed they would try to eat them because they think my toes are carrots! LOL!! No,I don't have orange toes! What other animals do you have DaisyBird. Do you only have chickens and dogs Chicky Woos123? Lilybug says hi and thanks you for thinking about her and caring!

Back
Top Bottom