Underground RR Quilt Block

Pics
I haven't started yet either been busy with the ornament swap and painting a house so we can move to a real old farm house this will be our last move thank God
beautiful blocks Kassandra

Kassaundra - beautiful, just beautiful!

katsdar - Congrats on this move! You will have to share pictures of your "new" old farmhouse.
big_smile.png

I haven't started yet with cutting or sewing. I did research and get a pattern that works into the 12" block and I've chosen and washed the fabric. Been busy getting the last of the garden in and preserved.

Kassundra, They all look great, I think I like the second one best. Your new color sounds intriguing.

My DH and I have started on a shop hop, my first ever. Finding all the little far away shops I never knew about, some close by too. We are half way finished, The next leg is an overnight-er, one shop is in Halfway OR kind of at the edge the Eagle Cap wilderness area. then we drive behind Wallowa Lake area near the Hells Canyon view site. Should be some great Fall colors about now.We will stay the night in Joseph OR. then go home we will have or 2 Chihuahua's with us and hopefully a great bunch of quilting fabric.
I will be off for a few days while this is going on, I'm having a great time.

Kassundra, They all look great, I think I like the second one best. Your new color sounds intriguing.

My DH and I have started on a shop hop, my first ever. Finding all the little far away shops I never knew about, some close by too. We are half way finished, The next leg is an overnight-er, one shop is in Halfway OR kind of at the edge the Eagle Cap wilderness area. then we drive behind Wallowa Lake area near the Hells Canyon view site. Should be some great Fall colors about now.We will stay the night in Joseph OR. then go home we will have or 2 Chihuahua's with us and hopefully a great bunch of quilting fabric.
I will be off for a few days while this is going on, I'm having a great time.
That sounds like the most fun vacation I can think of including the traveling with 2 chihuahuas.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this thread for some time now and just wanted to pop in to say you all are doing some beautiful work with your Underground RR quilt blocks. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the finished ones turn out.

I don't quilt myself but grew up with an appreciation and love for them. Both my grandmothers quilted and my mom has a big collection of quilts both from my grandmother's and from an antique shop she used to work at where she sold/traded quilts.

Anyway, keep up the wonderful work and happy quilting!

Plugging away I now have the same 4 complete, and another 4 half sewn, I don't know if that makes me 1/2 finished or not, but should be close. This last fabric I have been working on I can't wait to see complete, I am soooo loving it.

Now I need to raid the stash and find more background fabric.

Last edited:
Well I wasn't going to put my next one together for a while, but had a couple of people on another site ask for a tutorial, so I had to put one together to get pics for a tutorial. So here is the burgundy and orange background, I think it is my new favorite!

Back
Top Bottom