*Update* My dog may have cancer! :(

I totally understand how you feel. My old dog Daisy survived having her spleen removed due to cancer, only to find out a year later that she also had bladder cancer, which is terminal. I just couldn't understand how this could happen to such a sweet and innocent creature.
However, despite the poor prognosis Daisy survived her surgery, went on meds, and proceeded to have 11 more months of being spoiled rotten. When the end finally did come it was very quick.
My fingers are crossed for you.

My Dobie Hank was diagnosed with Lymphoma. Doctor didn't give him much hope. That was last June. I put him on a regiment of vitamins and supplements and he feels better now then he did before the cancer. I don't know if it would help with bone cancer, but if you would like to know what I give him just PM me and I'll be happy to tell you.

I feel for you too!
hugs.gif
Our husky was run through test after test, and it finally came back as Lymphoma. He was diagnosed with cancer in early August, and he was gone by the end of the month. It was so aggressive, there was no way to stop it.

Keep your hopes up- there are many different types and treatments out there. For us, it just wasn't any option.

Please keep us posted--we will be hoping for the best.

I can sure feel your pain, UC. I had my very best dog friend and constant companion for 4 years after her first diagnosis of cancer (she was 8 at the time). The initial shock is so upsetting, but maybe you'll be lucky like I was and have your friend around for quite a while yet. Best of luck to you.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Don't ever give up hope. Maybe the labs will come back with something else other than cancer. Just love your dog like you always have for as long as you have her.

Here's an update on what I know so far.

I was just speaking with my vet and she said that the tissue results from Tala's biopsy came back as inconclusive, but concerning. They did not see any definitive forms of cancer cells, but what they did see was cell that show signs of fast division characteristics. The x-rays won't be reviewed until at least the 28th of December when the lab opens again after the holidays.

In the mean time I've decided to do a more aggressive biopsy to get better samples and to do some exploratory surgery. The original biopsy was just a needle into the effected area to draw out some samples, the more aggressive biopsy would require opening the toe to get direct tissue samples. The vet also said it is possible to remove just the toe if there is cancer as a first step if it has not spread. If it has spread then we'll have to look at a full leg amputation, but I'm really REALLY hoping not to have to do that.

Right now Tala is scheduled for the biopsy this Friday.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Urban Coyote

My chocolate lab at age four had to have her last puppy removed by surgery from her birth canal, which died. Malignant tumor cancer at age six, old dog syndrome (Canine Vestibular Syndrome), at around eight. My vet told me just spoil her days were numbered, well today she is fifteen and looks wonderful, she had a weight problem early on and my vet told me not to worry about that. I started feeding her DE and her weight looks great today, she has lost the glazed look in her eyes form the old dog syndrome, no reoccurrence of cancer and I just license her with the county so I had to get her three year rabies shot. You just can’t give up or I didn’t.

Have you started any vitamins and supplements yet. I would start some as soon as you can. I think boosting the "Omegas" is really important. Also keep the immune system working.

My girlfriend had 2 Rotties that had cancer of the leg. (at different times) They had the leg removed and chemo treatments. Both did very well as 3 legged dogs. They swam in the pool and lake and ran around like nothing was amiss. They were about 8 when this happened and they lived to about 14 if I remember correctly. Good luck Urban Coyote.

Back
Top Bottom