Update on damaged egg

Sep 2, 2022
Central Alabama
I posted yesterday about a damaged egg. We put it under a heat lamp and it is hatching now. I dont know what to do to further support it. Could someone give me advice? I figure most important thing is to keep her warm. Should i go ahead and touch something damp to its beak to help hydrate it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230430_085211_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430_085211_Gallery.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230429_172932.jpg
    20230429_172932.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 1
Do you have any poultry vitamins like Poultry Nutri-Drench? If you do, then I'd give her 2-3 drops twice a day.

Hopefully she will come around and be able to eat/drink on her own very soon.

Is she the only chick that you have?
Did you find a way to keep her warm in the brooder?

Do you have any poultry vitamins like Poultry Nutri-Drench? If you do, then I'd give her 2-3 drops twice a day.

Hopefully she will come around and be able to eat/drink on her own very soon.

Is she the only chick that you have?
Did you find a way to keep her warm in the brooder?
Thank you, i do have poultry drench and will give her a few drops starting tomorrow. My daughter said she is eating for her (seems to have imprinted on her) but im not seeing her peck at food. I have a heat lamp over her, but she seems to want to stay in the shade under a duster that i put in with her. There are a few other chicks but they are being taken care of by hens. So she is alone. But i just had another baby chick attacked by a hen and Im trying to care for her. If she lives, i can put them together to keep each other company.

I'm glad she's eating for your daughter, I do hope the outcome is bright for this little one.

Your heat lamp may be too close/hot?
Hanging out under the duster sounds good though. I switched from lamps to heating pad caves, then finally got a brooder plate - it's that being able to "hide" that seems to give them comfort.

I'm sorry that you had another one that was attacked, hopefully she will recover as well. Do you need help treating her injuries?

Back
Top Bottom