Update on sick chicks: what else can I do ?

I would let them be having least amount of stress as possible, poultry nutri-drench is the best I have seen for giving stressed hatchlings a boost and get them going. I know it's hard to not be stressing them with the pasty butt having to clean them but stress them as little as possible.
Is the nutridrench okay to give with corid ? I don’t know if it has the vitamin b stuff in it . And yeah I think that’s part of it too. I am as gentle as possible but they do not like the blow dryer. Im ready for these guys to be feathered out . At least the ones who make it . I have 3 chicks who are acting funny right now including my peanut which I’m just waiting to find deceased .. but no she’s still kicking it.

Do you have a thermometer? Put one or two or even three around the brooder. It sure sounds to me like you’re roasting those poor things but what do I know.

Okay .. let’s say they are too hot. What do chicks that are too hot act like ? Chicks that are too cold get into the tight little huddle pile right ? Chicks that are just right freely move around and plop where they are most comfortable, right ? If they aren’t too cold .. and aren’t just right, arguably shouldn’t they all be at the coolest side of the brooder? Im sure you know what you’re talking about . It’s really sad seeing chicks over heat and die. But I will also add that to the touch the chicks are neither hot or cold.. if they are overheating wouldn’t they feel like they’re cooking alive ?

Just look at all the post on everyone having trouble with their shipped hatchlings its not just you.
It’s comforting but ahhh poor babies :(( there is this one chick I think is gonna be the last man standing. Supposed to be a little girl(still think she is ) but this little Brahma has a big ole head compared to the others 😭

Not sure if this will help you or not.

Attachments

• IMG_6883.jpeg
    IMG_6883.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 24

Back
Top Bottom