***UPDATE...sad***HELP!!! Rooster won't walk

So sorry about your roo! You did your best and really cared for him . . . that's a blessing not every creature has.

You're a good chicken Mom.
hugs.gif

Thanks everyone... I appreciate your kindness. I let him sit outside and enjoy the scenery for a couple of hours today before well....Anyways, I'm okay, I know it was for the best... and knew nothing could be done.
sad.png
However now I have another problem and its driving me crazy... I havent been able to find eggs in two days, and I know for a fact I have three hens laying now. I stooped as low as to crawling into the old dog den. I wish I could lock them in... but I cant... we found bear tracks today and have to keep a good eye out. UGGGGgggg If its not one thing, its another.
th.gif

Sorry for being so moppy... I'm usually not like this... Just sad.
sad.png
...Tes

awwww gee...so very sorry to hear bout the back injury....yes dogs are NOT to be trusted and espicially with a bird that is immobile...most will go over and wonder what it is and by picking up and knudging around can cause these types of injuries... :aww
...re your missing eggs.... could be your nesting boxes are not mite free and the girls are not using because of this...offer them a cardboard box (get at grocery store from the fruit section...the ones with the low sides) line with newspaper and shavings...voila...my birds LOVE em en when they get damp just throw away and replace (they are FREE after all)

dlh - to answer your question... no.. no mites... I did get 1 egg so far this morning... I did put a box out... didnt work... they would lay in it at nite to sleep... strange chickens... but dont lay eggs in it.
idunno.gif
I'm just so confunsed. As of today, I have a barred rock that has been laying for 2 weeks, 1 buff that has been laying for about a week and a RIR that has been laying for approx a week. After 2 weeks... shouldnt it be constant laying by the barred rock??? I guess I will wait a couple of more weeks... and then take massive action and coop them in... but really dont want too because of the bear... but if that is what I have to do... I guess I will be sleeping out with the chickens if I have to take this route.
Tes

Back
Top Bottom