Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Here I go again...
idunno.gif
I recently bought a pair of Midnight BS and put them in isolation for observation and treatment. I ran fecal exams on them and a pen of young chicks about four months old at the same time. Both pens showed cocci in massive quantities with no worm eggs in the chicks and only two in the MBS pen.

After dosing the MBS orally with Safeguard the second fecal showed no worm eggs so that is good. The problem I have found is in the cocci treatment. Both pens are watered in half gallon rubber pans. The Corid was put in the water at a rate of 6ml per half gallon and given to both pens for five days and changed daily. The second fecal exam is still showing a significant cocci load.

This goes back to what my vet warned me about three years ago, either the amount is not sufficient or the hard water and minerals in the water is making the Corid less effective.

Here I go again... :idunno  I recently bought a pair of Midnight BS and put them in isolation for observation and treatment.  I ran fecal exams on them and a pen of young chicks about four months old at the same time.  Both pens showed cocci in massive quantities with no worm eggs in the chicks and only two in the MBS pen.

After dosing the MBS orally with Safeguard the second fecal showed no worm eggs so that is good.  The problem I have found is in the cocci treatment.  Both pens are watered in half gallon rubber pans.  The Corid was put in the water at a rate of 6ml per half gallon and given to both pens for five days and changed daily.  The second fecal exam is still showing a significant cocci load.

This goes back to what my vet warned me about three years ago, either the amount is not sufficient or the hard water and minerals in the water is making the Corid less effective.

Adults? If so, I suspect they probably aren't drinking enough for it to be effective.

-Kathy

That poop looks pretty normal... Any 0 to 5000 gram kitchen scale will work.

-Kathy

I almost hyperventilated when I saw what looked like bloody poop, shown here

But when I wiped it I saw it was just dark brown.

Does this still look normal?

Not normal, and it does look like blood. If it is blood, you might be able to smell it.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom