usps rates increase again

I'm told that the USPS is actually MAKING money but, once again, it's being siphoned off into the "general fund"...you know, the same one that is siphoning off money out of the lottery funds that was supposed to be going to our schools, so people are still in the same boat of crying for funding for education.

I for one am NOT agreeable to our mail service being cut in any way...we are paying for it and if they can't provide it, then let someone else do it who can. We get mail service here 6 days a week and we pay enough for it already. FedEx and other contractors are already involved in shipping birds, so why not just let them do it already instead of the PO being involved? All this does is complicate things and give us more archaic tracking methods.

What's the alternative to the USPS for the price ?
Nothing, because the USPS pretty much has a monopoly on it. Funny how when I send something express with FedEx it gets there by the time stated, but somehow USPS thinks they are exempt from holding to their obligations when the situations suit them. The fact that people like me hold them to that and demand a refund doesn't seem to change anything. We have a pretty high-performing group here in town because all the people live locally, but I have a lot of horror stories of shipments going to other destinations.

I'm told that the USPS is actually MAKING money but, once again, it's being siphoned off into the "general fund"...you know, the same one that is siphoning off money out of the lottery funds that was supposed to be going to our schools, so people are still in the same boat of crying for funding for education.

I for one am NOT agreeable to our mail service being cut in any way...we are paying for it and if they can't provide it, then let someone else do it who can. We get mail service here 6 days a week and we pay enough for it already. FedEx and other contractors are already involved in shipping birds, so why not just let them do it already instead of the PO being involved? All this does is complicate things and give us more archaic tracking methods.

The USPS is not making money, they are losing billions every year.

I agree about not cutting service, but if they force it on us why Saturday???? they have SEVERAL Mondays off already, so why not just close that day if they are closing one day.
Martin Luther King day
President's day
Memorial day
Labor day
Columbus day
those are the ones off the top of my head.....

The government can't even run the postal service.
Now they have nationalized the student loan industry (a tacked on provision of Obamacare, google it) which has ballooned to $1 trillion, and they will be running our healthcare?!?!
I think we are heading for certain disaster.
That's my rant for today.
I know we are supposed to stay clear of politics on this forum....sorry.

The USPS is not making money, they are losing billions every year.
Easy enough when money is being siphoned into the bottomless pit of the general fund! Anybody have a school that now has everything it needs as a result of the lotteries?! When was the last time the general fund held a bake sale?

The government can't even run the postal service.
Now they have nationalized the student loan industry (a tacked on provision of Obamacare, google it) which has ballooned to $1 trillion, and they will be running our healthcare?!?!
I think we are heading for certain disaster.
That's my rant for today.
I know we are supposed to stay clear of politics on this forum....sorry.
Amen to that! Ask anyone on Medicare how easy that system is to know and understand. And even if you have employer health care insurance, at 65 by law you *have* to revert to Medicare...you can still have a company rider in addition, but Medicare *must* be your primary.

Back
Top Bottom