Utah!

aDilly...you are new here? Have I not welcomed you? :)
welcome-byc.gif

Pictures of what you have by morning...well, I guess we can wait until afternoon. What type of chickens do you have? Ducks too? Geese. Turkeys? :) Quail?

I believe you have! I've been laying low for a while, started a new job that has been taking up a lot of my time! When I first joined I had 2 RR, 2 golden sex links, 1 black sex link, 1 brahma (though I am questioning that now...... because she is so freaking small!) and 1 silkie (who turned out to be a roo!)..... but.. we lost an RR and the sex link to our land lords dog. BUT. We adopted 3 EE's to replace what we lost! (We also have 2 ferrets, 2 dogs, and a Green Cheeked Conure!)

I really wanted to get a Turkey, but the husband is against it!....... but I do have him considering a piggie! :)
clap.gif

Well, Sir Fredrick got 2nd place...He would have gotten first but his comb is a little too high.

The Monster's Old English rooster got 2nd, and one hen got 2nd and the other got 1st place and Best Variety!!!

So glad it is over, We spent most of the last 3 days at the fair. Trying to show support to our goat club, and playing and eating. I am exhausted.

SPHINX! You caved. I am so so so shaking my finger at you, haha naughty girl. I still have not set eggs....made one call about eggs this morning, no answer, then was kicking myself for contemplating doing it and soooo glad they did not answer lol! Your lav eggs are tons bigger than mine. Sheesh. Hope they all hatch, will be fun to see!

The 'resisting chicks' will be a whole 'nother story. Not happening, I can tell right now I am all geared up to get a couple more :)

I can't wait to see all these chicks! Cynthia, when are your Polish chicks coming?

Welcome Dilly ;)

Congrats Cindy on the success at the fair! That is awesome! Which hen took first?

Last edited:
It was one of Jess's old english girls....I can't tell them apart. lol

They said Fred's lacing was perfect, He was beautiful...just that darn comb...The judge had to give it to the white one.

Is anyone watching for the falling stars..:) My hubby and I have been out, but haven't seen any yet. Will keep looking off and on until around 11:00.
It's supposed to be quite a of them.
Lisa, the chicks are being shipped on the 15th..what is that...Wed..so they should be here I would by Fri. :)

Happy, Omigosh, I can't believe Ivy is back safe and sound!! That is a miracle!

Sasha, I'm freaked out the steer could jump over that fence. I didn't realize they were that agile. YIKES! Your chickens are so cute, and I love the clear pictures of them.

Just because you don't have an extra rooster in your yard YET doesn't mean it's not going to happen. I'm getting in the car now, and going to be driving up to 90 miles away. So, if you're farther than that, you're safe. Closer? Not so much. Mwahahahahaha

You guys are a terrible influence on me.

Four of the lavender ameraucanas and 3 brown eggs. One is definitely the patridge rock, not sure of the other two.
Well, I think if these steers weren't so young, they may not be able to jump so high. :) The heavier they get, the less high they can jump. (I'm assuming here!) I'm excited about everyone's hatching eggs!
Wow, the black laced chicken (rooster?) is gorgeous!

Sundance, I have an extra styro bator if you want to use it.
wink.png
Janet, I think you are talking to me. :) Yes, it's a girl...a Wyandotte pullet that should have already started laying (IMO), but she's keeping me guessing.
Holy Shmolley...how in the world did this girl do this. It was the NH..she has been laying for a while, so this really surprised me when I saw it.

Next to the Leghorn's egg

That thing was looong! The picture doesn't show how long it was, who thinks it was
a double..or a three?

Just a double. I had to wonder though.

I also had to eat it, right then and there! Yum!
Yeow, Cynthia! That NH must have had a work a little harder to lay that egg. That egg was so cool. :) And your snack looks yummy!
Well, Sir Fredrick got 2nd place...He would have gotten first but his comb is a little too high.

The Monster's Old English rooster got 2nd, and one hen got 2nd and the other got 1st place and Best Variety!!!

So glad it is over, We spent most of the last 3 days at the fair. Trying to show support to our goat club, and playing and eating. I am exhausted.
Yay! Congrats on your ribbons, Cindy! Fred is very handsome, tall comb or not. :)

Sphinx caved
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
highfive.gif
and they are your own eggs! Awesome.
thumbsup.gif
I'm a little slap happy with the little smiley guys tonight.
tongue.png

Congrats Blujems! Beautiful rooster.
droolin.gif

Sasha love your chicken pictures! Beautiful chickens.
love.gif

Hello aDillyDally
yippiechickie.gif

Lisa I think it is funny you called on eggs then wussed out. I'm so tempted to just have some eggs shipped to you.
yesss.gif
(of course they would be blue eggs)
Cynthia your egg is
ep.gif

Last edited:
sundance...I guess, bantam faverolle?

My son and hubby see the falling stars, and I don't! Every time I come in, they say, you just missed one! :/

Yaaay, I saw some!
ya.gif
The very first one I saw was huge! I lucked out. It was very large, and it was moving really slow, it had a real fuzzy short tail to it.

Then I saw some of the real fast quick ones. One was real long...soo, if you guys come on and see this post, go outside, I think they are really starting to show up around here. Hope you don't have clouds. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom