Utah!

Gary, I am so sorry for the loss of your mother, and the additional complications it's presented.

Doughie, your rabbit is hilarious!

Happy Thanksgiving friends.

bad news all my Friends. I have to move. my mom passed away tonight and i need to find a new home. This home was in her name and it is not feasible to make the house payments. I still have a couple months but need some were that allows pets. And i dint mean a dog or a cat. I have 2 cats a dog over 30 chickens, rabbits and quail. The house dosen't have to be in grate shape ( an old farm house that's been abandoned for years is fine) as long as there is property and pets allowed.

Karen, i have a winter set up using the same waterer that you probable have and i have used it for 2 years without fear of fire. Give me a call or you can pm me and you can come over and i will explain it .

I am so sorry about your moms passing.

I sent 3 roosters today to Oklahoma today to be decrowed. I sent a blue sizzle, a partridge frzzle and a white showgirl. I'll let everyone know how it goes. They will be coming back around Christmas time and staying with my vet friend until I get back from Phoenix

Thanks to all my Friends for their love. My mom had lots of health problems, but it was still sudden. She was sitting in her lazy boy and asked my GF to check her blood pressure. Erin was getting ready to check it and mom grabbed her side and fell back into the chair and black out. Erin called the ambulance and they took her to the hospital. She had massive bleeding In her abdomen and her blood pressure was so low they were having a hard time readying it. We had a small window to operate so we decided to try. During the operation she had a massive heart attack and her heart just couldn't take the strain. She had congestive heart failure and her heart has bin in afib for a few years. She made it through the surgery but her heart was dying, even with all the meds they was pumping into her. The Doctor asked us what to do and everyone looked at me. I told them to stop, this is what my mom would have wanted. The viewing is at Wing mortuary in Lehi at 2:00 pm on Thursday. We haven't decided on the funereal, because she is being cremated and the cemetery she is being buried in is private and we will have to open up my dads vault to be buried next to him and this will take some time.
In the meantime i think we will stay here for a couple months. I want to stay until spring so i can dig up all the perennials that i have planted over the years. Does anyone know how to dig up 30 yr old roses? Dint have time to do graphes.

Thanks to all my Friends for their love.  My mom had lots of health problems, but it was still sudden. She was sitting in her lazy boy and asked my GF to check her blood pressure. Erin was getting ready to check it and mom grabbed her side and fell back into the chair and black out. Erin called the ambulance and they took her to the hospital. She had massive bleeding In her abdomen and her blood pressure was so low they were having a hard time readying it. We had a small window to operate so we decided to try. During the operation she had a massive heart attack and her heart just couldn't take the strain. She had congestive heart failure and her heart has bin in afib for a few years. She made it through the surgery but her heart was dying, even with all the meds they was pumping into her.  The Doctor asked us what to do and everyone looked at me. I told them to stop, this is what my mom would have wanted. The viewing is at Wing mortuary in Lehi at 2:00 pm on Thursday. We haven't decided on the funereal, because she is being cremated and the cemetery she is being buried in is private and we will have to open up my dads vault to be buried next to him and this will take some time.
In the meantime i think we will stay here for a couple months. I want to stay until spring so i can dig up all the perennials that i have planted over the years. Does anyone know how to dig up 30 yr old roses? Dint have time to do graphes. 
so sorry for the loss of your mom :( and i am sorry you have to move. for the roses you gotta save as much of the roots as you can, get a big root ball. i would then bundle it up in some burlap and wet it down a bit. and try to keep it out of the sun if you can and get them in the ground as soon as possible. i would try to have the hole dug first. and do a big hole and add some soil so it makes it as easy as you can get on the rose. do a heavy mulch around it, like several inches of straw. and you will have to water often, like 2x a day. they need a lot more water than normal with the stress of it all. and remember they will have a lot less roots because you are digging them out and cant get them all so the roses will be a lot more needy. i would do it as early as you can. fall would be the best time to do it but early spring would work too. you could also take cuttings with a little of the rooting hormone you can find at lowes, if you do not know how to do it i can tell you. it will be hard to move them but it can be done. if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Back
Top Bottom