Utah!

I have Silkies, but I have no idea what sex they are. They are 5 weeks old today. Sundance is going to take the 3 that I posted a few weeks back, there was the Chocolate, White, and the Partridge. But I was going to keep 2 Whites to watch them grow out. But if you really want one I guess I could sell one off, not sure on the sex. You could come look at them and take your pick. They are all literally the same size, so there really is no guessing on them. I'm pretty sure that the Serama/Silkie mix that I have is a Rooster, its starting to get red, and squaring off with one of the EE chicks from Red.

I also have 2 chicks I got from Red that I hatched out, and I believe you would call them EE's. They all came from a blue/greenish egg, Not sure on the gender on an of those either, they are 5 weeks too, if you would want one of those, I have either like a blue/grey, and a solid black. I have another from her, but its a beast, and starting to square off, so I'm leaning toward roo on that one. I'm going to be hatching out some Olive Eggers and Americana's for the Easter Hatch Along, but they won't hatch till Apr 19-20th. And if I have a good hatch, I should have plenty to choose from.

Just went outside and took a photo of what I believe is Mr. Roo. Any takers on a Silkie/Serama Mix. I'm almost tempted to keep him just to see how loud he is. He really is extremely tiny. I would love for someone on here take him. He won't make much supper for someone on KSL.

And the groups. Hehe, can't go out and not take a photo of them all.

Red do you see how huge that black with the copper feathers is, I sure hope its a girl, but I'm starting to wonder, its either putting the Serama Mix in place or its really a boy too. hmmmm.....

Those silkies will be cute when they get past that funny looking stage. I have a blue one right now that is getting it's pin feathers in too. Starting to look more like a silkie.

I'm not sure on the huge Black with copper feathers, its came from the biggest blue/green egg I've ever seen. I believe Red said they should be EEs, because I believe she only has the Icelandic Rooster and the Americana. But I could be wrong. I love that chick, but its huge, even the other 2 that hatched out of Reds eggs, it looks at least 2 weeks older then those 2. I love the deep copper coming in, almost looks like my FBCM. I'm so hoping its a girl, but its been squaring off with that Silkie Mix, that I'm sure is a Roo, so not sure if its putting that tiny little man in place or in fact its a male too.

And no NN's or SG out there. LOL. Today is the 2nd day I've kicked them out of the house. It was so funny, yesterday when I went to go get them, they all came running to me to get into the box. Today I go out to take photo's and they are all running away from me. I guess they thought they were getting brought back in the house. They are going to give me my run for my money around 5:30 when I have to go get them, they are in a 4 x 8 grow out pen. They have to come in early because I have Girl Scouts tonight, and won't be home till after 9pm.

I am a bad friend, because I am secretly hoping your blue is a roo......hehe...(rubs hands together fiendishly)

hahahaha!
lau.gif

I am a bad friend, because I am secretly hoping your blue is a roo......hehe...(rubs hands together fiendishly)

That's funny you posted this, because I took a good look at it's comb area when I caught it to put it out in the run today. To me, it's looking more like a boy than my Dixie did at that age..my buff I have now. And, you should see the feathering on those feet and legs! Will have to get a photo..just got them into the coop, so will be easy to catch. Still small, going to be I guess. The pin feathers are just now starting to come in on the head, so no weird hairdo yet.

Back
Top Bottom