Utah!

Hey guys! I'm new on here!!! I'm glad I found a chicken thread thread here in Utah!!!!! I live in central Utah south of Nephi. I love my chickens and am so glad I have an outlet now for all my questions and just to talk 'chicken talk'. I'm glad I found ya'll!!!!! I am the proud owner of a wide variety of orpingtons, wyandottes, barnevelders, marans, and my beloved bielfelders. Hope to be on here often!
Welcome!

Drum roll please.....
My wheaten ameracauna x Easter egger finally laid her first egg! I think she was a late aPril chick. It is sort of a dull green. Nothing like the bright blue from the wheaten. But I still love it!

Last edited:
Welcome, farmchick! Make yourself at home :)

Ace, congrats on the lovey egg! I like the green ones.

So, I'm pretty sure that I have super lazy chickens. I gave them a mouse this morning that I'd caught, and they just chased it a little and let it get away. Same thing happened two days ago. I have been putting pumpkins in the run, and they won't touch it unless I break it open for them. Then they eat the seeds and let the rest sit. My flock last year would drill into anything they found and devour it. And I haven't gotten any eggs for a while, now. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I can't figure out how to motivate my girls to do anything :( You'd think that eating a pumpkin or melon that's just sitting there would be easy enough. Good grief!

Hey does anyone have young chicks right now like a week or younger? Or small bantams that are older? I have a single MISERABLE 2 day chick, the only other chick in the hatch died. I am about to pull my hair out listening to it scream and scream. I am in Cache Valley so if you are in the SLC/Odgen/Cache Valley area or could meet Lisa today in the SLC area...??? Thanks.

Hey does anyone have young chicks right now like a week or younger? Or small bantams that are older? I have a single MISERABLE 2 day chick, the only other chick in the hatch died. I am about to pull my hair out listening to it scream and scream. I am in Cache Valley so if you are in the SLC/Odgen/Cache Valley area or could meet Lisa today in the SLC area...??? Thanks.

Liz, I wish I had some. Good luck in your search

Hey guys! I'm new on here!!! I'm glad I found a chicken thread thread here in Utah!!!!! I live in central Utah south of Nephi. I love my chickens and am so glad I have an outlet now for all my questions and just to talk 'chicken talk'. I'm glad I found ya'll!!!!! I am the proud owner of a wide variety of orpingtons, wyandottes, barnevelders, marans, and my beloved bielfelders. Hope to be on here often!
welcome. never heard of bielfelders, would love to hear more about them

i just had to look up bielfelders. sounds like a very cool chicken. its claimed they lay bigger eggs than many chickens. and they are an auto sexing breed. maybe one day i will try them

i just had to look up bielfelders. sounds like a very cool chicken. its claimed they lay bigger eggs than many chickens. and they are an auto sexing breed. maybe one day i will try them

Oh yes! I'm sure you would like them. Very hearty and sweet. Not to mention "beautiful"!

Welcome!

Drum roll please.....
My wheaten ameracauna x Easter egger finally laid her first egg! I think she was a late aPril chick. It is sort of a dull green. Nothing like the bright blue from the wheaten. But I still love it!
ace..you have an olive egger!! That is a pretty colored egg.

ace..you have an olive egger!! That is a pretty colored egg.
Really? Would you consider it Olive colored? It is definitely not the bright blue I've been getting. I was shocked because I thought the Wheaten Ameracauna's bright blue gene would dominate the duller color of the Easter Egger.

Back
Top Bottom