Utah!

LOL mason! We're in our 2nd week with ours and at least one of us is always in the laundry room with the chicks! It's funny because my husband didn't say anything about me getting chicks but I catch him in there holding them and watching them all the time! I call it chicken therapy! Lol. He just recently separated from the military (still reserves but that's different) and it's been a hard transition but I swear the chicks help calm him down.

LOL mason! We're in our 2nd week with ours and at least one of us is always in the laundry room with the chicks! It's funny because my husband didn't say anything about me getting chicks but I catch him in there holding them and watching them all the time! I call it chicken therapy! Lol. He just recently separated from the military (still reserves but that's different) and it's been a hard transition but I swear the chicks help calm him down.

My husband does the same thing! He wasn't super sold on the idea to begin with, but in just a day, he's converted :)

I'm hoping to convince my husband still. He was adamant for years that we would never have chickens. But here we are! I've seen him watching them, and he's petted them a few times.

The other day when i was cleaning out their box, I put them on the floor in the corner and told my daughter to watch them. I come back in after dumping the shavings in our compost and putting fresh shavings in and he says to me, laughing "You've got to come see this! One of the chicks found a clump of fuzz on the floor and is running around with it in her mouth and the others are chasing her!" So I imagine it's just a matter of time until he's fully converted.
big_smile.png

New member. Love the site. Picked up 10 chicks within the last 2 weeks from chase hatchery. So far so good. Post from another member said they heard not so good things. Yes its a little crowded. But I couldnt find any Brahmas, locally and other hatcheys online were sold out and she was the only one that was hatching. Anybody have experience with her chicks? If so, how are they doing? Any problems? What is the Quality?

I have also heard that she has cleaned up. I am thinking that you got your birds early, which I like to do with any store I go to, to get my chicks in the spring. I know they haven't been held yet. The TSC place in Salem just opened, they have a great setup. They have big gates set up all around the chick bins, a chain has to be released by one of the workers to get to the bins. Anyway, if your chicks are acting fine, bet they will do well. Post some photos. :)

@littlerockflowr cute story! That little chick thought it had found the best treat ever, and wasn't letting the others have at it. Yes, your hubby will come around. And when that first egg is laid, oh boy. Always fun to this day, getting a new egg from a new pullet, and I've had them for 4 yrs. now...I think. lol...

My husband got me into chickens. And yes, they are serious therapy! Even as adults, my girls help me feel better when I'm stressed. Chicken TV is awesome :)

Welcome, Roundy!!

You guys are all making me want chicks so bad. I want another GLW and BO. How am I supposed to wait two weeks for my Icees to hatch?!

D.gif
Determination Pays Off…
jumpy.gif

Well good folks, it would seem that Ginger has had her first born, and I suppose that makes the DW and I grandparents, He/She seems a little camera shy, we only troubled said chick for proof of product, we will see what the morning brings as far as siblings. I am a little surprised to find my 8 month old Banty hens doing a successful hatch, they are still babies themselves. Looks as though we could have four more anytime soon… wish us luck!

Our first chick…

Ginger still hard at work…

Ginger is sitting up in this planter on the North side of the coop, if you look you can see her tail on the left of the tall dry grass thing.

We were out checking on the hatchlings and the DW sent me this photograph, of evening~tide at the ol' coop.

Happy day to all those with their new 2015 chicks.
D.gif

RJ

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom