Utah!

Five of the others have pipped, leaving only one that hasn't.

It's cracked almost all the way around, I think if I took it in a steamy bathroom, opened it for a sec, and removed a tiny bit of shell, it could pop out.

You guys really think I should?

Quote:
yes i do but then i have never done this before. but i see you are doing it now
smile.png

Didn't see this until now..no need for a steamy bathroom, the chick has been ready for quite a while..it's the others that need more humidity first so when you lift it out. I usually raise my humidity first, then take the egg out, quickly remove most of the egg at this point if there is no heavy bleeding...which I highly doubt there will be with this little one..good luck..

I steamed up the bathroom for the sake of the others.

Then, I removed a little of the shell and some of the membrane. Not a ton.

If it doesn't hatch in 15 minutes, I'll go do more.

Yaay, that one looks darker! That other chick will help it want to get up on it's feet. Good Job!

I PM'd the lady who sold them to me, and she said that the coloration on a GLW can vary from chick to chick, but that they should all be GLW.

But yeah, I helped her just a tiny bit, and she went and exploded out into my hand with a big kick.

Not sure what time it is there, but you've had a busy day. You can go to bed, and not worry about them.
I love the color of the first one! It will look different when all dry.

Congrats Shinx! They are darling..hope more hatch for you! Will be checking tomorrow! Oh, and what day is it for hatching..is it day 21?

Last edited:
Sphinx--Been watching the webcam some the last little while. It's cute to see the chicks tottering around all newbory & tippy.
love.gif
They look like they're very healthy. I hope you have lots of joy with all your now-hatching chicks.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom