Utah!

My little white leghorn layed her first egg today! :ya she is 20&1/2 weeks old. Here she is with Her egg.

Hooray!!

Does anyone know where I can buy silkie hatching eggs or chicks in utah I live in magna and would love some. Please and thanks.

Check with Lisa (La Casa De Pollo) She may have some. Madchicken may also have some, but he's not on here much lately.

I might have some silkie or frizzle chicks in about 2 weeks. I'm hatching some of Lisa's eggs (la casa de pollo) and some eggs I had shipped. It kind of depends on what hatches (and how many). Also you might try paint silkies by briana. She sometimes has silkie chicks, but she also has a waiting list.

Last edited:
He is pretty! My last Blue roo went from gamey/gangly looking at 5 months to huge and round by 7-8 months, I am sure yours will fill in nicely. Mine looks like a barge, he needs a trim down a bit I think haha
big_smile.png
He eats like a pig. By 8-9 months they start to look pretty husky. And that crow....wow. Has your gotten the screaming thing yet? Seems like every Marans roo I've had starts this hooting thunderous throat gargling crow, cracks me up. I love that you love him! He came from ladycats and she has nice birds. I can't take credit for this one, he did not hatch from my lines, but had he been a she, things would be different! Hope he makes some nice babies, I would like to get a black or two from you eventually to add back in to my flock to keep the blue nice and dark. My FBCM source in Idaho is not doing FBCM anymore, sad sad day!
Capt K'nuckles was crowing at 6am this morning and I realized I did not reply to your post.
gig.gif
YES, he has what sounds like a crow and he really drags out that last blast. At least he doesn't start until 6.

I finally got my Bev Davis - Black Copper Marans! I emailed Bev Davis in the spring and as most of you know she doesn't sell anything anymore. She suggested I purchase from Julie Akers. (Anyone know anything about Julie Akers?) I looked up what I could find on her birds and it appears she got them right from Bev Davis and from super dark eggs. I figured if Bev reccomended her she must have good birds. The problem was she had a 3 month waiting list. I tried to get good stock for months but I was clearly too late. I totally forgot about it and I was trying to get hatching eggs right from Bev's stock from another reputable breeder when I got an email from Julie last weekend. "Your next on the list for BCM list, do you want the birds? I can ship them Monday" YES! :celebrate BTW, Julie Akers was a pleasure to work with and I feel like her prices were fair. Not cheap by any means, but fair. :D
yay so happy for you! they are very cute. and once they start breeding i would love to buy some chicks from you if possible :)

Does anyone know where I can buy silkie hatching eggs or chicks in utah I live in magna and would love some. Please and thanks.
i think salt lake ifa had some today. i did not take a close look as i did not want to be tempted but they had a sign up for them.

sidewing i believe it was you that wanted barred rocks, they had those today too. might call the store and ask first tho :)

Back
Top Bottom