Utah!

The remaining girls are much better tonight. Poor Huli Huli lost her beautiful tail feathers.

No one is wing dropping or limping. I gave the all some zucchini for dinner.
So glad to hear that!
celebrate.gif

A question for our Herriman friends:
I was doing a bit of research about the legality of keeping my flock- currently I go by the motto: its better to ask forgiveness than permission. I found a thread on this forum ( https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/568489/herriman-utah-backyard-chicken-ordinance-needs-your-help ) in 2011 they were revising the City Ordinance as it relates to BYC, and I believe it has been revised since.
One of my questions is section 6 says Female Chickens Only: Only female chickens may be kept. No ducks, geese, turkeys, peafowl, crowing hens, or roosters may be kept. No other bird species shall be kept except as provided by this code and birds normally and generally considered household or indoor pets.

Is this still the case? Just curious. I cant find any info on chickens or ducks for my area. I just wanted to know how the neighbouring areas are running things.

A question for our Herriman friends:
I was doing a bit of research about the legality of keeping my flock- currently I go by the motto: its better to ask forgiveness than permission. I found a thread on this forum ( https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/568489/herriman-utah-backyard-chicken-ordinance-needs-your-help ) in 2011 they were revising the City Ordinance as it relates to BYC, and I believe it has been revised since.
One of my questions is section 6 says Female Chickens Only: Only female chickens may be kept. No ducks, geese, turkeys, peafowl, crowing hens, or roosters may be kept. No other bird species shall be kept except as provided by this code and birds normally and generally considered household or indoor pets.

Is this still the case? Just curious. I cant find any info on chickens or ducks for my area. I just wanted to know how the neighbouring areas are running things.
As far as Herriman goes I can't find anything about the sex of any animal. They did just change it on June 10th 2015 to read something like this.

Click on the image to make it bigger.

So now any lot smaller than half acre you can have 40 chickens with "noise mitigation". Before june 10th you could keep 50 chickens (or other small animals) and there was no mention of noise mitigation. I have roosters that I have had before June 10th and I have not heard about any issues. They do start crowing between 6am and 6:30am.

I also see at least 3 people in my hood that have horses on 1/3 acre. Are they going to come kick them out?

I would imagine over time they will make everyone conform to a regular bedroom community where nearly all animals are out of code and you won't be able to keep roosters any longer. I'm guessing those that run Herriman city are not the true Herrimanites, but land investors that will turn us into a type of city folk sooner or later.

Totally random, and off the subject here, but I'm looking for a horse trailer, if anybody knows of one.

Wanting a 3-horse or bigger, bumper pull preferred, but I'm not against putting a GN hitch in my truck if necessary, and wanting to stay around $2,000. I know, I'm asking for the moon, but a trailer needing a little TLC is ok too.

Located in Levan. Thanks!
big_smile.png

As far as Herriman goes I can't find anything about the sex of any animal. They did just change it on June 10th 2015 to read something like this. Click on the image to make it bigger. So now any lot smaller than half acre you can have 40 chickens with "noise mitigation". Before june 10th you could keep 50 chickens (or other small animals) and there was no mention of noise mitigation. I have roosters that I have had before June 10th and I have not heard about any issues. They do start crowing between 6am and 6:30am. I also see at least 3 people in my hood that have horses on 1/3 acre. Are they going to come kick them out? I would imagine over time they will make everyone conform to a regular bedroom community where nearly all animals are out of code and you won't be able to keep roosters any longer. I'm guessing those that run Herriman city are not the true Herrimanites, but land investors that will turn us into a type of city folk sooner or later.
40?! Dang, that's not fair! The limit in Tooele is 10, and we're on a full acre. I can't wait until we move to Delta.

Totally random, and off the subject here, but I'm looking for a horse trailer, if anybody knows of one.

Wanting a 3-horse or bigger, bumper pull preferred, but I'm not against putting a GN hitch in my truck if necessary, and wanting to stay around $2,000. I know, I'm asking for the moon, but a trailer needing a little TLC is ok too.

Located in Levan. Thanks!
big_smile.png

on KSL there is a nice 4 horse in Gunnison that is $3000.00 you could always offer less

Back
Top Bottom