Utah!

Actually, Cynthia, I'm blaming you. It's your fault. You enabler you!!!

My husband claims to be indifferent to chicks and chickens BUT: he tends to play with and hold the chicks more than I do. Also, he took my incubator to work today and buffed out a foggy spot for me. He also is perfectly cheerful to drive 50 miles to pick up these eggs on Sunday. Of course, I told him we could go to the auto show while we're there, and he knows how I feel about that.

Tomorrow my 6 year old starts selling girl scout cookies.

I have been wanting some girl scout cookies! The chocolate mint!

Shinx, me, an enabler?
ya.gif

Bird man, how are you doing? Haven't heard much from you! Hope all is well. What's up with your chickens?? And you.
frow.gif

thanks for asking. i am doing okay. trying not to push myself too much because my body is feeling the effects and this cold weather is not helping. my girls are all doing well. the coop is nice and warm and i do not heat it at all. i do not have girls sleeping on the nest boxes anymore so i am very happy about that :) trying to get the girls to all lay again, it looks like they are done with there molt so i am hopping for a lot more eggs. my sis lost her job so it would be nice to cut there food bill down with eggs. i will be having my grandpa pick up a bunch of cucumbers at a mexican market, they go for 12 for a dollar so i will get some for me, my family and the chickens will even get a few as a treat :) going to get feed today and nutrena sent me a coupon for 2 dollars off each bag of feed
woot.gif
cheaper feed is always a good thing :)

thanks for asking. i am doing okay. trying not to push myself too much because my body is feeling the effects and this cold weather is not helping. my girls are all doing well. the coop is nice and warm and i do not heat it at all. i do not have girls sleeping on the nest boxes anymore so i am very happy about that :) trying to get the girls to all lay again, it looks like they are done with there molt so i am hopping for a lot more eggs. my sis lost her job so it would be nice to cut there food bill down with eggs. i will be having my grandpa pick up a bunch of cucumbers at a mexican market, they go for 12 for a dollar so i will get some for me, my family and the chickens will even get a few as a treat :) going to get feed today and nutrena sent me a coupon for 2 dollars off each bag of feed
woot.gif
cheaper feed is always a good thing :)
12 cucumbers for a buck? Wow. And you have a 2 dollar coupon..man you are scoring here.
clap.gif
Glad to hear that things are going good. Especially getting those girls to stay out of the nest boxes for sleeping! That's a tough one for me in winter, they have a heat lamp, so they can see, if I take them off, back they go when I leave. Not in the summer though. :)

So the IFA in Lindon is getting in chicks soon! We're looking to get 4 chicks to add to our flock. Does anyone have any experiance with IFA chicks? They are not getting in any Silkie chicks and we were wanting to get at least one silkie for my daughter since she loves them. Does anyone know of someone who carries sexed silkies?

12 cucumbers for a buck? Wow. And you have a 2 dollar coupon..man you are scoring here.
clap.gif
Glad to hear that things are going good. Especially getting those girls to stay out of the nest boxes for sleeping! That's a tough one for me in winter, they have a heat lamp, so they can see, if I take them off, back they go when I leave. Not in the summer though. :)

yeah those little mexican stores are great. some days they have cheap tomatoes so i end up stocking up and well i end up shopping for the girls too. i also got oranges too (not for the chickens) but its about half a box worth for a dollar. i love good deals :D man i went through a lot to stop the girls from sleeping on the nest boxes but now i think i cured them of it. i would walk in and put the chickens that decided on sleeping on the nest boxes on the floor and because they have no light they could not get back up and then a few hours later i would come back and put them on the roost.

So the IFA in Lindon is getting in chicks soon! We're looking to get 4 chicks to add to our flock. Does anyone have any experiance with IFA chicks? They are not getting in any Silkie chicks and we were wanting to get at least one silkie for my daughter since she loves them. Does anyone know of someone who carries sexed silkies?
well i do not buy chicks but if i did i would go to cal ranch for them but one of the main reasons for it is because i have a good relationship with the people at the store and i trust them and they are very good to me. or i would buy chicks from someone on here. i do not think you can get sexed silkie chicks because they are super hard to sex from what i hear.

Tomorrow my 6 year old starts selling girl scout cookies. 

Cookies! I was the cookie manager for our troop. What a job. I think I ate 20 boxes of samoas to myself and a few thin mint as well. It was a lot of work to sell them, and a lot of work to lose the 15 pounds or so I gained that spring haha! Have fun, those are great times, I miss them!

Cookies! I was the cookie manager for our troop. What a job. I think I ate 20 boxes of samoas to myself and a few thin mint as well. It was a lot of work to sell them, and a lot of work to lose the 15 pounds or so I gained that spring haha! Have fun, those are great times, I miss them!

yuckyuck.gif
You? 20lbs. I highly doubt it!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom