Utah!

Oh my goodness Bitsy, I hope I never have a chicken get that! I've seen photos of the pox before on them, but never that bad. Guess there may be worse ones out there. Eek..don't want that in my flock.
Hope all is well..still having fun with that baby..is she sleeping through the night yet?
big_smile.png

I had fun at the poultry show too. I really liked the creole old English game bantams, although my daughter preferred the modern game as she thought they looked like dinosaurs (I thought they looked like chickens in leotards.). I didn't get to stay long since my five-year-old was having a melt down about having left her shoes at home, so if you heard a child screaming that was us (and sorry about that).

Those crele roosters were so handsome! LOL at the chickens in leotards! We came home with 6 of those but now I'm kicking myself and wish I had done some research before hand. I think we would have come home with more seramas than modern games.

It sounds like the show was fun! I was being a soccer mom all day yesterday so I wasn't able to go. Hopefully I can make it in March. Do you know if it will be held in Farmington as well?

Lisa- I'm always a sucker for splash. And that Dixie! :love
You know how much I love your silkie/sizzle/NN girls! I can't wait to see what I get from these eggs!

This is my idea of happy!

Last edited:
it was such a priviledge to meet all the BYC chicken people at the show. I was so busy I didn't have much time to visit because I had a bunch of Seramas for sale and they were selling like crazy. What every body doesn't know is I went into the hospital on Monday for a minor heart procedure and ended up in intensive care for a few days I was discharged Thursday night and the show was Friday and Sat. Ed couldn't help me because he had surgery on Thursday. I had my sons tend him while I was at the chicken show. Had a really good time. talking chickens all day. I bought a trio of Moden game brn black and a pair of silver duckwings modern games. I am going to show them at the Tucson show and sell the roosters there. I want to keep the hens to be some of my yrad chickens. I also bought a leghorn hen. I hope to find an Americana rooster to breed to her next year to get some sbel chicks next year, I'm leaving for Az Oct 22 be home mid april. taking most of my chickens and my horse with me. If anyone wants to tend 6 or so of my yard chickens let me know.

It sounds like the show was fun! I was being a soccer mom all day yesterday so I wasn't able to go. Hopefully I can make it in March. Do you know if it will be held in Farmington as well?

Lisa- I'm always a sucker for splash. And that Dixie!
love.gif

You know how much I love your silkie/sizzle/NN girls! I can't wait to see what I get from these eggs!

This is my idea of happy!

i have 3 of those incubators. I love them

it was such a priviledge to meet all the BYC chicken people at the show.  I was so busy I didn't have much time to visit because I had a bunch of Seramas for sale and they were selling like crazy.  What every body doesn't know is I went into the hospital on Monday for a minor heart procedure and ended up in intensive care for a few days I was discharged Thursday night and the show was Friday and Sat.  Ed couldn't help me because he had surgery on Thursday.  I had my sons tend him while I was at the chicken show.  Had a really good time.  talking chickens all day.   I bought a trio of Moden game brn black and a pair of silver duckwings modern games.  I am going to show them at the Tucson show and sell the roosters there.  I want to keep the hens to be some of my yrad chickens.  I also bought a leghorn hen.  I hope to find an Americana rooster to breed to her next year to get some sbel chicks next year,   I'm leaving for Az  Oct 22 be home mid april.  taking most of my chickens and my horse with me.  If anyone wants to tend 6 or so of my yard chickens let me know. 

Healthy vibes headed to your house!

Hope all is well..still having fun with that baby..is she sleeping through the night yet?
big_smile.png
She's so cute :) especially when she's in a good mood ;) haha .. Not sleeping through the night yet... but we get up at least once... around 5 am to feed... but then she sleeps until about 8. She has begun to be a lot less colicky, which is great. She still won't take a bottle or pacifier.... things are rough here and there... but she is so worth it ;)

Back
Top Bottom