Utah!

Sundance… I wish you would have noted your situation, the DW and I would have been glad to pitch in. It was a slow but enjoyable day for us and we certainly had the time to lend a hand and help you cage and load your birds.
sad.png
I hope all is well with you and yours. Regarding your journey south, I wonder how your chickens like missing out on the Utah winters.
wink.png
I wonder how 'I' would enjoy missing our Utah winter.
smile.png

Best to you and your birds,

RJ

Last edited:
Ohhh Lisa, love those Marans! Especially the first blue girl and your black. I'm getting Marans envy, haha.

Sundance, I hope you and hubby are taking it easy and doing well. Sure miss you and your laugh! I'm glad to hear that things are going so well with your Serama breeding, too :)

Okay, just gotta add a plug here for anyone looking at Cynthia's for sale birds. You will be hard pressed to find healthier, sweeter birds anywhere else! She babies them and they are well cared for. Recommended :D

Part 2!! A few from my other pens--

The Wheaten boy, Zeus...he is going with Wheaten Ameraucanas, the Mottled Houdans (Fun crested blue egger babies I am hoping!) and Spud the Marans for olive egger chicks

Then here is Yolanda, my White face black Spanish, She is best sweetest thing ever. loves people so I had to post a pic
big_smile.png

Then here are a couple more frizzled silkies that ended up being female

Then lastly two of my Showgirl growouts went to the big girl pen today, pretty sure both showgirls are really girls...

Oh my, I love the first one in the first set of pictures and those polish are adorable and I love the frizzles. If I was sure I was staying in Utah I would be hitting you up for eggs next spring for sure.

As always, Lisa, I love all your birds!
2764.png
I especially love the splash marans, the splash OE and the lavender frizzle silkie! So pretty! The only Marans girl I got was so much bigger than all the boys she hatched with. Interesting to know that was a "thing" this year. :) We locked down our Marans eggs today. Fingers crossed for a splash or even a blue girl! :D

As always, Lisa, I love all your birds!
2764.png
I especially love the splash marans, the splash OE and the lavender frizzle silkie! So pretty! The only Marans girl I got was so much bigger than all the boys she hatched with. Interesting to know that was a "thing" this year. :) We locked down our Marans eggs today. Fingers crossed for a splash or even a blue girl! :D

Yes, the black females got humongous this year...the daddy to your chicks now is my second roo TEX, I've only kept blue chicks from him so it will be interesting to see if you get blacks, if they get big. Good luck with the hatch!

My brooder is getting too full, so I have 1 whitish (may be lavender) silkie frizzle, 2 black silkie frizzles and 1 black silkie for sale. They're 5/6 weeks old straight run. I'm posting here because I was hoping to find a taker for this whitish frizzle. It's pinging my roo-dar, but who knows...

I'll put them up on ksl this weekend, but thought I'd see if anyone here was interested. The black ones are $6 each. The white/lavender is $4 or $20 for all 4.

Edited to add: The whitish one and first black frizzle are sold.

Last edited:
My brooder is getting too full, so I have 1 white silkie frizzle, 2 black silkie frizzles and 1 black silkie for sale. They're 5/6 weeks old straight run. I'm posting here because I was hoping to find a taker for this whitish frizzle. It's pinging my roo-dar, but who knows...

I'll put them up on ksl this weekend, but thought I'd see if anyone here was interested. The black ones are $6 each. The white is $4 or $20 for all 4.

If this one is from my eggs it will likely be a lavender :)

If this one is from my eggs it will likely be a lavender
smile.png
It's from the eggs I bought online, but it still might be a lavender. I had thought it was a paint with the black feathers coming in, but now it's going greyish. My kids call it "Roasted Marshmallow". If it's lavender, it will be really cool looking. It's by far the biggest chick I hatched, although the others are catching up now.

I have a sizzle from your eggs that's white with small black spots (5 weeks), will that be a paint or lavender? I have no idea what the more exotic colors look like when they're young.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom