Utah!

Hen-thusiast: I just read the post about dehydration---she has had some water but I just realized--went out to double check---she has no droppings out there at all. Since before noon she has been out there. That is not good. She has no pasty bum at all. Maybe she really is dehydrated :( Will keep making her drink, if I get electrolytes do I just get the stuff for kids and give it to her straight or mix with water, what do you do?

I live in Herriman UT.

I could sex them but could not guarantee the sex I say they are because I am not always right.
hide.gif

P.S the IFA in Riverton has healthy chicks, I stay there about an hour every tuesday when they have chicks and they are constantly checking for water and food to see if it is empty or to see if the light is too low or too high. Plus they always call me before they order chicks to see if i wanted any special breeds ( I reserved for 5 years in a row)
roll.png

IFA doesn't really guarantee either right? Always a possibility of getting a Roo! Let me know when you have chicks I'm super interested in Cochins!

its good to hear about your experience with ifa. i just prefer not to get chicks and will buy pol pullets before chicks. hey cynthia thanks for the link to meyer, been looking at egg scales and they have the best price i have seen so far, actually most the prices are great
big_smile.png
they also sell african cranes, its the same breed that was on the news in california when one escaped from someones house and a lady found it in her yard, i know if i had the money, time and space i would so get a bunch of them
smile.png
LOL..glad I could help!
frow.gif

Hen-thusiast: I just read the post about dehydration---she has had some water but I just realized--went out to double check---she has no droppings out there at all. Since before noon she has been out there. That is not good. She has no pasty bum at all. Maybe she really is dehydrated
sad.png
Will keep making her drink, if I get electrolytes do I just get the stuff for kids and give it to her straight or mix with water, what do you do?
No, not the stuff for children. I will see if I can find a site that sells it. Not sure where you can get it in a store. Maybe up there, but not here. It is something good to have on hand. Going to look. :)
Here is just one site..it explains things pretty good, you can look around for it. http://www.poultryhelp.com/vitaelectro.html

Last edited:
No, not the stuff for children. I will see if I can find a site that sells it. Not sure where you can get it in a store. Maybe up there, but not here. It is something good to have on hand. Going to look. :)
Here is just one site..it explains things pretty good, you can look around for it. http://www.poultryhelp.com/vitaelectro.html

cal ranch had them last time i was there
smile.png

I am planning on a large order for mcmurray this spring. I could always add yours on the order. I got chicks from them last year and all the pullets that I ordered were pullets, I got a free rare excotic chick and that one was a roo. But out if 26 chicks I only had one roo. Take a look at what they have and let me know.

I am planning on a large order for mcmurray this spring. I could always add yours on the order. I got chicks from them last year and all the pullets that I ordered were pullets, I got a free rare excotic chick and that one was a roo. But out if 26 chicks I only had one roo. Take a look at what they have and let me know.

I love McMurray..and Meyer..I have a big order coming the first part of Feb. I wonder what my mystery chick will be..better not be a roo!

Back
Top Bottom