Utah!

Cynthia, I actually still have the camera active on my chicks. I put a paypal donate button up to fund a new camera, so now I actually have a better camera. Not fabulous, but a lot better. Anyway, I'm going to keep it on the chicks until they're too big for the aquarium tank. Then I'll do hatch cam again. The link for that is http://www.mycampage.com/acaptivechicken

It's got over 7000 views now! Does that mean I'm internet famous?
lau.gif

When did Rebecca say she'd have more eggs for you, and how many did you order? I expect she'd get enough fairly quickly- of my 7 eggs, 5 were laid Sunday and 2 were laid Saturday.

Lisa, still no change on the sick chick? I know what you mean on culling. I feel like Hulksmash isn't doing well, and she isn't responding to physical therapy at all. I feel like she's even gotten worse. I'm sure a more professional chicken owner would have culled her by now, but I just can't bear to.

ElkMtn, like gone gone? Like disappeared gone? How weird. I'm so sorry.

Hey, just checked out your babies. Hulksmash looks like he/she is doing great..she just walked up to the front of the camera to get a drink..her legs looked good to me. They will do better now if she will walk around more. What size bulb do you have in there? They are starting to feather out. You could start weaning them off of the heat, which you probably already are.
I want a web cam! Go check out what I posted on face book, the one about the burglers..I want a web cam!

Wow Sphinx, I can't believe how fast the chicks are growing. Godzilla seems to be quite the curious one!

Lisa - How's your little pullet doing today? Any good news?

Yes, I think Godzilla is my new favorite. I get so upset and sad over how Hulksmash is NOT improving that it's tough. I feel like she's kind of given up, and I don't think her prognosis is good. Because I want to cry every time I do therapy with her, and because I'm not sure of her outcome, I'm trying to emotionally distance myself a bit. So, Godzilla is the new fav. I am 99.9% sure she's a pullet, and her coloring is so unique- it's almost like a reverse wyandotte. So far, the chicks tails are coming in to match my feather sexing. I'm just positive the lighter chipmunk chick is a boy.

Lisa, so is that no poop at all from her in 24 hours? That's kind of alarming to me because it seems like chickens poop all.the.time.

Cynthia, how goes lockdown?

Any word on the lost batch of eggs? What about the chicks?

Yes, I think Godzilla is my new favorite. I get so upset and sad over how Hulksmash is NOT improving that it's tough. I feel like she's kind of given up, and I don't think her prognosis is good. Because I want to cry every time I do therapy with her, and because I'm not sure of her outcome, I'm trying to emotionally distance myself a bit. So, Godzilla is the new fav. I am 99.9% sure she's a pullet, and her coloring is so unique- it's almost like a reverse wyandotte.  So far, the chicks tails are coming in to match my feather sexing. I'm just positive the lighter chipmunk chick is a boy.

Lisa, so is that no poop at all from her in 24 hours? That's kind of alarming to me because it seems like chickens poop all.the.time.

Cynthia, how goes lockdown?

Any word on the lost batch of eggs? What about the chicks?

Yes it is scary! No poop that I can see since her move to the garage yesterday around noon. She is sitting in a box turned sideways at one end of the brooder cage and it is still so clean. Worrisome. I wondered if she was in the mindset that she is sitting in a nest to lay---because I have noticed the chickens do not poop when they lay eggs. But she will have to go eventually or explode I would think. She still does not show signs of suffering, just taking bigger breaths than normal. Has eaten bits, and I have seen her taking drinks.

Would Hulksmash be able to have her leg splinted--with a popsicle stick or something? I sure wish there was a way.

Yes it is scary! No poop that I can see since her move to the garage yesterday around noon. She is sitting in a box turned sideways at one end of the brooder cage and it is still so clean. Worrisome. I wondered if she was in the mindset that she is sitting in a nest to lay---because I have noticed the chickens do not poop when they lay eggs. But she will have to go eventually or explode I would think. She still does not show signs of suffering, just taking bigger breaths than normal. Has eaten bits, and I have seen her taking drinks.
Would Hulksmash be able to have her leg splinted--with a popsicle stick or something? I sure wish there was a way.

she is not egg bound is she?

Oh Lisa...and Shinx. Worries. So sorry. I am worrying too. My chicks are supposed to hatch tomorrow. No pips yet. :( I hope I see some by tonight, then I won't worry so much. I hope that at least two make it.I am pretty sure two were alive when I went into lock down..one being an EE..Sonews EE's are as gorgeous as the Ameraucanas! Any yes Lisa, you are probably right about that mystery chick being a BLACK, Roo! lol..of some weird game bird I don't want.

No eggs from that guy has shown up. And now I wonder if I will see the chicks that he said he would send on Tues. Guess I will know by this weekend. I sent him a nice message saying that I appriciated all that he has done for me. When I stop and think about it..what has he done? He never sends a tracking number,,never, not even on the ones that made it here that were a mess. And now, no tracking number on live chicks! hmmm...

Yeah, that does strike me as suspicious, Cynthia. I would think that when they send word that it's been shipped, they'd sent the delivery confirmation number. I know the one time I bought eggs, she did send me that.

Do you think Lisa's chicken can be egg bound if she's never laid before? I am even more panicky that it's been AT LEAST 24 hours since anything has come out.

I have been contemplating a popsicle stick splint. I think I'd want to wrap it in gauze so it wouldn't rub funny, but I was thinking about trying that tonight.

she is not egg bound is she?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Lisa, have you tried checking to see if she's eggbound? I had to look it up on here yesterday because I wondered what the symptoms were and how you checked
hide.gif

Cynthia - Hang in there! Something's gotta work right, right? With luck, you will have pips and chickies all on the same day, and then you'll be suffering from cute overload
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom