Utah!

Hello fellow Utahns!

I was looking for a New Member page specific to Utah... there is one but it seems no one uses it. So I thought I should post here instead.

I'm a new member and a new chicken mommy. I've wanted chickens for 7 years now - ever since I read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver while on a road trip to Phoenix. We just bought our first house in Nov 2015. We moved in in January 2016 and I picked up my most darling chooks the last week of March.

We are in Taylorsville.

I've been lurking on BYC for months.

Hello fellow Utahns!

I was looking for a New Member page specific to Utah... there is one but it seems no one uses it. So I thought I should post here instead.

I'm a new member and a new chicken mommy. I've wanted chickens for 7 years now - ever since I read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver while on a road trip to Phoenix. We just bought our first house in Nov 2015. We moved in in January 2016 and I picked up my most darling chooks the last week of March.

We are in Taylorsville.

I've been lurking on BYC for months.
Welcome i'm in Tville too

I'm in Magna, almost as far West as you can get. Lots of people around us have chickens and I hear roosters often. I may possibly have a White Leghorn rooster that I would like to rehome to someone who needs/wants him as part of a flock, not to eat. I'll know for sure if Cupcake is a hen or rooster in 2-3 weeks. In the mean time, any suggestions about what to do with this chicken if it does turn out to be a rooster? My son chose it as a little bitty chick at IFA and it would break his heart if we gave it away to someone who ate it.

Anyone looking for an isbar? I've got an extra cockerel. Thought he was a pullet until the twerp started crowing yesterday. Located in North Logan.

I just made my first no crow collar for a little Bantam rooster we rescued. So far it's working great and I can hardly hear him crow. He eats & drinks fine. I am thinking of making these for other city rooster owners. The official "No Crow Collar" sells on Amazon for
$20-30 which I think is ridiculous! My home made collars would only cost $8-10. Do y'all think this is a good price? Here's a pic of our rooster "Bubblegum" wearing the prototype.

He has been wearing his home made collar for a few days now, and his vocalizations are quieter than the hens now....please let me know what you think.

I would buy one and try it out!

Looks great My experience with crow collars was after a while they figured out how to work them

It's true, some do! I had one this yr. that would stretch his neck sideways! Smart little poop. It works with the others ..ok.. They scratch at them, and they come apart after a while. :/

Does anyone have any cochin pulletts or hens for sale

I have the sweetest little black pullet. She comes right up to you. She is feathered really great! It was a decision between keeping her and my little Barred Rock. Never had a Barred Rock before, soo, will keep her for a while. She is a sweetie too.
Anyway, my black girl is POL. Not sure what to charge?

Back
Top Bottom