Utah!

cynthia i want you to take your pick and then i will take the other one. would love to see more pictures. hey red good luck with the coon, i do have a leg trap you can use if you want but the box trap may be better. they also have a leg trap that is safe for other animals but not for coons, its the barrel type of leg trap. hope you get the coon and i hope your chickens stay safe!

I may just see if I can borrow that barrel trap from you. I have two of the box traps in place out there, but this raccoon is either too smart or too big to get caught in them. There's a feral cat in the area that I'd rather not harm, as well, since she acts as pest control. We'll see where it goes after tonight and I'll let you know, k? Thank you, by the by.

Oh, Red, I'm sorry that the raccoon is back. :( I hope your EE Roo just ran away to get safe, and you find him today.

Cynthia, sorry about your little chick. Loved the pictures of your birds. Those pencileds are so gorgeous.

I'm curious- do you think they'd let me be in the Easter hatch? I'm setting eggs today (can't have them hatching ON Easter since no kids will be at school...).

Thanks, me too :( He might not have been the bravest rooster, but he's taken good care of the ladies and I've never had a problem with him. I hope he's just hiding.

Red, I've got a Hav-a-Heart coon trap if you want to borrow it.

Thank you, I do actually have two of those set up out there right now. I appreciate the offer.

Also, Lisa - I will keep the light thing in mind, thank you. We have had this coon trip a trap with my boyfriend and I standing twenty feet away on the other side of a vehicle, so I'm not sure what it would think of lights, but thank you nonetheless.

Cynthia, looove the pictures of your teenagers! That little black one is pretty cute, so is the BO. I still think those SPR's are gorgeous. Should have jumped on one of those sooner, dang!

i actually do not have a barrel trap but i have a coil spring leg trap. the barrel traps are cheap, like $7 at cal ranch and they are a very good trap. it has a spike you drive in the ground and a chain to tie off with wore or something and you put a little bait in the barrel and the coon reaches in to get it and when it tries to pull its hand out it gets snapped and then you just take the coon and end its life. if you want to meet at the west jordan cal ranch i can show you the trap and teach you how to use it

Yes! Mine looks exactly like that. So do you keep yours at 97? I had mine at 99.5 but it went over and under that....PLEASE tell me what is the temp you keep yours at and I will set mine up just like that :) You know what you are doing, I want to get this right lol!

Your teenagers are gorgeous. I have not seen that tail thing on any of mine...so it does make you wonder, but the face sure looks like a girl and the rest! Hope so!

Last edited:
Hey Phoenix just wanted you to know I soaked my Polish's bum and got it clean as a whistle....and she squalled for about an hour and has been done now for four hours. PEACE at last. It was such a small amount I did not even think it was a problem, but it must have been driving her crazy! She is much more content now. Thanks for the tip :D

Hey Phoenix just wanted you to know I soaked my Polish's bum and got it clean as a whistle....and she squalled for about an hour and has been done now for four hours. PEACE at last. It was such a small amount I did not even think it was a problem, but it must have been driving her crazy! She is much more content now. Thanks for the tip
big_smile.png
Hey it was just a shot in the dark. Glad to hear she quieted down for ya.

Hi you guys!
frow.gif
I'm on the look out for some Black Copper Maran's and a blue egg layer like an Americana - do any of you know of somewhere local that might be selling these breeds, or an online (reputable) site that isn't out of stock? I think if I didn't want these two particular breeds they'd probably be readily available
tongue.png

LOVING all of the new baby pictures on the other page, sooo cute!

Oh and I must add that I am DYING of jealousy over the color of those eggs in your bator
droolin.gif

You like those colors? Oh man, I have to go get a picture of the real blue ones. Hope it shows up, they are in lock down in the bator with the big window. It shows the flash.
I keep the temp lower DURING lock down in the still air. You are right for now, keep it around 100. It can go up to 101 in the still air. I saw a neat thing with the thermometer. Someone had a small box for it to sit on, if you are worried about having it at the same height of the eggs, that would work.

Oh, with the still air, when it's time to turn the eggs..I move them. Like, one at the bottom can go to the top, just move them to a different spot when you turn eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom