Utah!

You like those colors? Oh man, I have to go get a picture of the real blue ones.

I've got to be honest, I love the blue-green and green eggs more than the bright blue ones. I have no idea why
big_smile.png

So, my EE rooster turned up again, thank goodness. However, considering that this raccoon has now robbed me of three hens, which equates half my flock, I broke down today and went to get one more chick at IFA. I got a little GSL pullet, and she is mighty cute. I think I'll let my mom name her, since I don't feel much like choosing a name right now. One of the birds that the coon got was my SLW pullet, which I think was my boyfriend's favorite bird. I think he'll be happy to see this girl when she gets older.

Still doesn't show how blue they are..the brown ones are LF cochins. I want a splash really bad out of those.
There's a couple of green ones at the right. The top right blue, almost shows the blue. Hope it's a girl splash or blue.
big_smile.png

I've got to be honest, I love the blue-green and green eggs more than the bright blue ones. I have no idea why
big_smile.png

So, my EE rooster turned up again, thank goodness. However, considering that this raccoon has now robbed me of three hens, which equates half my flock, I broke down today and went to get one more chick at IFA. I got a little GSL pullet, and she is mighty cute. I think I'll let my mom name her, since I don't feel much like choosing a name right now. One of the birds that the coon got was my SLW pullet, which I think was my boyfriend's favorite bird. I think he'll be happy to see this girl when she gets older.
Oh Red! So happy your roo came home!

Hi you guys!
frow.gif
I'm on the look out for some Black Copper Maran's and a blue egg layer like an Americana - do any of you know of somewhere local that might be selling these breeds, or an online (reputable) site that isn't out of stock? I think if I didn't want these two particular breeds they'd probably be readily available
tongue.png

LOVING all of the new baby pictures on the other page, sooo cute!

Steve in Lehi is selling BCM babies. He has great stock. I bought an older hen from him; she was stunning in looks (we won't talk about her egg laying performance, but she was older). http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=19664487&cat=&lpid=&search=marans In fact, I'm halfway tempted to buy a baby or two from him.

Red, so glad you found your boy!!!!

Still doesn't show how blue they are..the brown ones are LF cochins. I want a splash really bad out of those.
There's a couple of green ones at the right. The top right blue, almost shows the blue. Hope it's a girl splash or blue.
big_smile.png

Oh my goodness - those green & blue eggs are beautiful!!!! I keep trying to sit down & read through the thread but my littles are keeping me busy tonight! What are the breeds? And can I ask a stupid question? If they hatch from a blue or green egg, will they lay that color of egg? I would love a blue egg layer, they are just so pretty! I have a green egg layer although not as vibrant as those eggs!

edited: Doh! Okay so the green ones are LF Cochin it wasn't written at the top of the picture or anything lol, what is the breed of hen from your blue eggs?

Steve in Lehi is selling BCM babies. He has great stock. I bought an older hen from him; she was stunning in looks (we won't talk about her egg laying performance, but she was older). http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=19664487&cat=&lpid=&search=marans In fact, I'm halfway tempted to buy a baby or two from him.

Red, so glad you found your boy!!!!

Funny!! I spoke to him tonight at around 8 - I had googled it a few times (the black copper ones) but couldn't find anything, even looked on ksl. I must not have typed it in right, but tonight I found him and SunnyBrooke farms. Thanks for the link and it's good to know you've had a positive experience with him as well :)

Last edited:
Cynthia--Thanks for the help and info for my eggs! I got the thermometer, going to set the other eggs tomorrow. I candled these and cannot see much. Dark blobs for yolks at the top. No dark spots that I could see. Will leave them a few days just to see. Only 3 1/2 days so maybe more will happen with them!

Hey!!! Stop showing off blue eggs. Torture torture.....

Red I am sososososoosooooo happy you got one back. That is awful what happened. I would be out there with my gun, city limits or not, ready to take mr racoon's head off on site :smack

Cynthia--Thanks for the help and info for my eggs! I got the thermometer, going to set the other eggs tomorrow. I candled these and cannot see much. Dark blobs for yolks at the top. No dark spots that I could see. Will leave them a few days just to see. Only 3 1/2 days so maybe more will happen with them!
Hey!!! Stop showing off blue eggs. Torture torture.....
Red I am sososososoosooooo happy you got one back. That is awful what happened. I would be out there with my gun, city limits or not, ready to take mr racoon's head off on site
smack.gif
5 days you will see a little black spot, and you may even see it move..that is the eye. I like to candle on day 5. You can see the eyes, and veins.
Don't forget to write down your setting dates on the calender..I remember you telling me you are a calender keeper. So, start to count the day after you set them as the first day. Count 18 days, then write..LOCK DOWN.. lol..then on day 21..write HATCH! You probably already know this. Now you will have to write two different dates since you are setting more..soo, where are you going to have them during the first lockdown? DH is going to have to buy another bator..uh ha..

Watermelon..my blue and green eggs are from Pure Ameraucana.. the puffy cheeked ones, and the brown ones are from Large Fowl Cochins. The feathered feet ones.
smile.png
All of them will be either, black, blue, or splash.

Lisa, did you see my lavender baby on those pics? Does she look small to you? And does she look about like your girl?

The T'ville planning Commission met tonight to rule on our application for four hens and they approved us for five! My neighbor behind us came and voiced his objections - horrible smell, ticks, noise, and hundreds of diseases that his two dogs will now be susceptible to. One of the commissioners said, "So you're voicing concern over things that actually haven't happened yet, and may never happen?" He just shrugged, then said he didn't want chickens in 'his back yard.' Maybe since it's his back yard I should start sending him a bill for part of my mortgagae. :) After the commission approved our permit, one of the commission members thanked him for coming and voicing his concern. He wadded up the agenda, threw it down and said, "Thanks for wasting my time!" Guess who won't be getting any eggs!!

After the meeting, I thanked them for their time. One of them said they've approved at least a dozen permits, almost all of them with concern from neighbors over smell and noise, but they've had no complaints after the chickens were actually on the properties. I told them I was sure they'd have their first from my neighbor. He'd complain no matter what. They all wished us luck and told us not to worry as long as we were in compliance with the ordinance. I told them we plan to be.

So, now I get to start building our coop this weekend!

The T'ville planning Commission met tonight to rule on our application for four hens and they approved us for five! My neighbor behind us came and voiced his objections - horrible smell, ticks, noise, and hundreds of diseases that his two dogs will now be susceptible to. One of the commissioners said, "So you're voicing concern over things that actually haven't happened yet, and may never happen?" He just shrugged, then said he didn't want chickens in 'his back yard.' Maybe since it's his back yard I should start sending him a bill for part of my mortgagae. :) After the commission approved our permit, one of the commission members thanked him for coming and voicing his concern. He wadded up the agenda, threw it down and said, "Thanks for wasting my time!" Guess who won't be getting any eggs!!

After the meeting, I thanked them for their time. One of them said they've approved at least a dozen permits, almost all of them with concern from neighbors over smell and noise, but they've had no complaints after the chickens were actually on the properties. I told them I was sure they'd have their first from my neighbor. He'd complain no matter what. They all wished us luck and told us not to worry as long as we were in compliance with the ordinance. I told them we plan to be.

sd! Congrats!!
thumbsup.gif
Man, I guess I should thank my lucky stars that I have great neighbors. Some of my chickens are noisy just before laying. There are folks across the street behind us that also have chickens, and some across the street on the corner that did have them, so maybe they are all just used to it.

yesss.gif
I'm SO glad they approved it!! Yay!! Gotta love obnoxious neighbors. My hens are all loud when laying, but you know what I think it's silly that that would even be an issue (thankfully it's not for us) considering dogs bark day & night! Same with roosters - I wish more cities would allow them, they aren't any louder than most dogs in most neighborhoods. Have fun building your coop!!

Watermelon..my blue and green eggs are from Pure Ameraucana.. the puffy cheeked ones, and the brown ones are from Large Fowl Cochins. The feathered feet ones.
smile.png
All of them will be either, black, blue, or splash.

Lovely!!
love.gif
I have an EE who lays green eggs, she's fun but would love a PA who lays blue eggs. Did you buy yours from a hatchery?

Back
Top Bottom