Utah!

not to bring sad thoughts to the thread or anything but this weekend i lost my dad who was the one that pushed me hard to get chickens, who helped me build coops and all that. he had chickens as a kid and wanted me to have them too. its funny the day he died the girls were extra loving to him and layed the best they have in a long time, its like they knew. cancer is horrible. please everyone be sure to get your checks and all that often
I'm sorry to hear it Brad. Lost my father to cancer in 09 and it's still tough at times. God be with you brother.

So sorry for you loss. He sounds like a man worth missing. I hope your heart finds peace. I finally got both myself and DH poked, prodded and looked into this year. Thanks for sending the reminder out to others. Cancer sucks.

thanks everyone. he was a incredible man. he also was always willing to do tasks that were hard like putting down a chicken. he was very supportive of my chicken hobby. yeah i live with my parents due to different circumstances so i will be there to take care of my mom :) but yeah its been super hard. my dad would take me to see the chicks when i was little, and my mother was not so open to the idea of chickens but he pushed her for it. i did not get them until i was grown but he always did all he could so i could be around chickens. i think i got my love for them from him.

was not sure i should mention his death here but i felt the need to because he was so connected to my chicken hobby

Today I checked the nest, and my little Easter egger has begun to lay! She lays a pretty green colored egg. Now we only have one pullet in the flock left to begin laying. (Well, she has been taking a break after molting)

Last edited:
not to bring sad thoughts to the thread or anything but this weekend i lost my dad who was the one that pushed me hard to get chickens, who helped me build coops and all that. he had chickens as a kid and wanted me to have them too. its funny the day he died the girls were extra loving to him and layed the best they have in a long time, its like they knew. cancer is horrible. please everyone be sure to get your checks and all that often

I am so sorry for your loss!
hit.gif

Sorry to hear the news of your father bird man, if I had a word of wisdom to share with you, well I would. But I do know that it is good to cherish the good memories, keep them and you will always have something of him close.

thanks everyone. he was a incredible man. he also was always willing to do tasks that were hard like putting down a chicken. he was very supportive of my chicken hobby. yeah i live with my parents due to different circumstances so i will be there to take care of my mom
smile.png
but yeah its been super hard. my dad would take me to see the chicks when i was little, and my mother was not so open to the idea of chickens but he pushed her for it. i did not get them until i was grown but he always did all he could so i could be around chickens. i think i got my love for them from him.

was not sure i should mention his death here but i felt the need to because he was so connected to my chicken hobby
Cancer does suck, and no matter what age you are losing your dad sucks. Mine has been gone for quite a few years and I still cry whenever I think of him. May peace find you and happy memories sneak in every day.

Back
Top Bottom