Utah!

I am so disappointed in the SAlt Lake County fair. I was the only adult that showed chickens there were 5 four H chickens being shown The fair its self was just terrible very disorganized very badly plan and the Lady they put in charge of the Poultry was a trainwrect. Totally incompetent. Very likely I won't show next year. The lady in Charge did not show up until this afternoon so the chickens were un attended really bad Sorry for venting

I just treated one of my girls for bumble foot. I took photos to share.

Covering her head up in towel. Makes them settle down.

All settled. :)

Looked like a big kernnel would be in there.

This size of biopsy punch fit perfect.

I can see there is a bit more, used something else I didn't show to remove it. It is
something the ear drs. use, can't remember the name! It's like a scoop.

She bled pretty good, some do. Getting ready to put a big blob of neo inside of the hole.

In it goes.

Time for the gauze pad.

Then the vet wrap.

I like to use the sticky water proof tape to put around the vet wrap..not much needed.

All done!

All of the birds had to check it out.

I was so surprised that the plug was so small..there was a bit more than this, but not much.

She is now walking on it without limping. I will probably change it two more times. It is really close to being well enough for her to be without a wrap.

I am so disappointed in the SAlt Lake County fair. I was the only adult that showed chickens there were 5 four H chickens being shown The fair its self was just terrible very disorganized very badly plan and the Lady they put in charge of the Poultry was a trainwrect. Totally incompetent. Very likely I won't show next year. The lady in Charge did not show up until this afternoon so the chickens were un attended really bad Sorry for venting

Not many down here at the Spanish For Fair either. More rabbits than chickens..and the chickens were almost all Seramas. Had to wonder if you had any in there.

Is there anyone in the American Fork area that will teach my DH how to do this Bumblefoot surgery? We have been trying foot soaks to no avail.

Look what I got to snuggle on today. Baby boy Theodore. Our 34th Grandchild.

14054902_10205285754783183_2465318781016000089_n.jpg

I love tiny baby feet. :)

Last edited:
Thank you Lisa. How many do you have now?

Want to ask you while here..when you said you will have frizzles in a few weeks, will they be just hatched, or older?

Thank you Lisa.   How many do you have now?  

Want to ask you while here..when you said you will have frizzles in a few weeks, will they be just hatched, or older? 

We are up to 7 grand kids, it has been slow lately lol!

Silkies-- I have just a couple older ones left that I can't tell on gender yet, maybe 3 months ish old. Then a couple 3 week old blue silkie chicks, one that is maybe 6 weeks, then the older ones. Not sure if I will hatch anymore this year, I have a batch on the counter I just keep looking at lol! Have sold just about all I am going to with the exception of these couple that are left. I have a for sure blue boy with gold leakage around the neck, then a few others. One splash Sizzle that is 11 months old and will be for sale but she molted and I am waiting until she is nice and fluffy :D

Back
Top Bottom