Utah!

Quote:
Yep, we felt the same way.

I know it's no correlation, but she is the broodiest bird we have by far. We humored her once and let her sit on eggs for a day and she proceeded to break them all.
roll.png

I was gone all of yesterday and had to spend a few minutes catching up. Sphinx, congratulations on the chickies! They look like such sweet little peepers. I managed to hop in on the feed for a minute yesterday and saw Godzilla tottering around after it had come out of the egg. I could sit here and watch these guys all day. Thanks for leaving a camera on them
big_smile.png

I love how the chicks are sleeping, then suddenly decide to wake up and gambol around for a minute before narcolepsy hits, haha. "Oh hey, I think I'm gonna.........ZZZzzzzzz."

Lisa - My SLW started laying! I'm so proud of her. Anything yet with your little cochin?

And Cynthia, I have a question for you. I got the impression that you sell some chickens. If so, do you remember selling a Barred EE cockerel to a lady in Lehi about a month ago? She was getting him to try and coax her pullets to start laying.

Quote:
About a month ago? I don't recall selling a cockeral..if it was in the mix with other chicks, maybe. Did she just buy one, or several chicks. I'm trying to think if I even sold any to someone in Lehi..lol..

It was just one. He's somewhere in the 6-8 mo. old range, but if you only sell chicks, he's probably from somewhere else. I saw on that other thread you linked to that you mentioned Barred EE as a project, so it made me wonder if he came from your place.

I guess I should explain myself better now and clarify that I got him from Lehi and he's my roo/cockerel. He's all barred, except for some green that peeks out on his wings and tail. And I just love him. He's good to my girls and has a pretty mild temperament. Anyway, yeah. Random.

Oh! I saw someone's hand!

I've gotta tell you - watching these little fluffballs is really making my day. It's helping to soothe my craving to have some chickies of my own.

Didn't help me! I ordered more eggs. I have to stop now! More lavenders..I just want to make sure that I get some. Love the color.

I can see the difference in the blue and the lavender between my Ameraucana, and the cochin bantams.

Quote:
I am going to take a pic of #2's back, it has cute golden chipmunk stripes down the back.

8b148025.jpg

Sorry it's so washed out, it was the best my phone could do.

I ended up opening up that last chick. It had died at some point, and quite recently, I think- it looked fully developed in the egg. If you want to see it, I uploaded a picture here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/wendywr/chickens/854ccc6e.jpg I don't feel bad about it- I wouldn't have had any way of knowing it was in distress, and there's no good reason to pip an egg on day 21 I think. It's kind of a shame though, it looks like it would've been beautiful.

Shinx, saw your picture of the last chick on your other thread. Notice that the yolk wasn't all the way absorbed? Means it passed away quite a while before it was due to hatch. No way you could have known, and even if you did, you couldn't have done anything.
You can't pip an egg when it isn't ready, and that chick was not ready! It had to stay in the egg until the yolk was absorbed. We never know why they quit.

Quote:
I am going to take a pic of #2's back, it has cute golden chipmunk stripes down the back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/wendywr/chickens/8b148025.jpg

Sorry it's so washed out, it was the best my phone could do.

I ended up opening up that last chick. It had died at some point, and quite recently, I think- it looked fully developed in the egg. If you want to see it, I uploaded a picture here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/wendywr/chickens/854ccc6e.jpg I don't feel bad about it- I wouldn't have had any way of knowing it was in distress, and there's no good reason to pip an egg on day 21 I think. It's kind of a shame though, it looks like it would've been beautiful.

Now I know that is a Golden! Looks just like my Silver Laced babies looked, only with the more silver stripes than yellow!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom