Utah!

My daughter and I are making chicken bracelets.We are trying two different types, wire strands with metal beads, so if they pick they can't break them. Then stretchy string with thick plastic beads. We thought the metal ones could not get pecked and break, but would be too cold to wear in the winter, so we want to at least try the plastic and see if it works or if they pick at them and don't like them...They will fit snug around their ankles, snug enough they should not come off, to use rather than zip ties or bands, kind of fun and decorative. Silly huh!?

We have a lot to make for our own girls first to see if there is any change that needs to be made in the design, or if it causes any negative reaction... Will post pics after we get done. Then if it works maybe we will try making some for sale. Fun idea huh! Those cute girls need to have some cute accessories lol!

Last edited:
Yes - especially because he is my avatar picture-sweet thing.  I don't think the neighbors whose bedroom window is about 8 feet from the coop is going to like him being their alarm.  I am even willing to drive him to whoever can use him.

I worry this will happen with my showgirl, "she" is displaying awfully rooster-like behaviour! And she is unique and fun, that is the last one I want to be a boy!

Cynthia, yes, those eggs came from your lavender! They're still awfully small, but Sundance convinced me they could still hatch ok. We'll see. I'm unconvinced. But, if they do hatch, I can give them to you, as I'm sure they'd be olive egger- lavender ameraucana (teen) mom and fbcm (teen) dad? Absolutely.
Sigh... teenage chicken pregnancy. What is this world coming to?

Wgidir sorry about your Rooster....that always bites.

Thanks for all the congrats. The Rooster seems so Happy to be home with his girls.

Right after I posted last night I went to bed and heard one of the goats screaming. I jumped and ran and found a big white dog in the pen. I ran into the pen screaming. Hubby came and told me to go back out, and then all the goats came running. So I pushed them all into the little pen and made sure they were all there.
The dog had jumped out and ran. The neighbors (moved in 2 weeks ago) said they had gotten out and they hadn't seen it for awhile. It should be gone soon.
My Reserve Grand Champion got her leg all bit up and the udder has a tooth mark. She is not putting weight on the leg. Hopefully there in no permanent damage. I am just sick, She had to have been standing between the others and the dog. She is the Queen and probably trying to protect the others.
I am so angry I could take it out myself.

We also found that the dog has been trying to dig into the chicken coops.
somad.gif

Last edited:
Blujem that is terrible. So sorry that happened. I'm so glad you heard it and were there to stop it from hurting the goats more. I feel so bad for your goat dog bite are so painful. Poor thing.

Wgidir sorry about your Rooster....that always bites.

Thanks for all the congrats. The Rooster seems so Happy to be home with his girls.

Right after I posted last night I went to bed and heard one of the goats screaming. I jumped and ran and found a big white dog in the pen. I ran into the pen screaming. Hubby came and told me to go back out, and then all the goats came running. So I pushed them all into the little pen and made sure they were all there.
The dog had jumped out and ran. The neighbors (moved in 2 weeks ago) said they had gotten out and they hadn't seen it for awhile. It should be gone soon.
My Reserve Grand Champion got her leg all bit up and the udder has a tooth mark. She is not putting weight on the leg. Hopefully there in no permanent damage. I am just sick, She had to have been standing between the others and the dog. She is the Queen and probably trying to protect the others.
I am so angry I could take it out myself.

We also found that the dog has been trying to dig into the chicken coops.
somad.gif
So is it your new neighbors dog? That is so upsetting. How is your goat doing today?

Back
Top Bottom