Valbazen de-worming question....

Quote:
Then when you administer valbazen to use against worms in that particular animal, the wormer wont work due to worm resistance as you mentioned. It will require higher dosage which may be detrimental to the health of the animal. It's the same with antibiotics you hear about in the media all the time. You also dont know if there will be an allergic or adverse reaction to the residue however slight the residue might be. It's best to toss the eggs in the garbage.

Then when you administer valbazen to use against worms in that particular animal, the wormer wont work due to worm resistance as you mentioned. It will require higher dosage which may be detrimental to the health of the animal. It's the same with antibiotics you hear about in the media all the time. You also dont know if there will be an allergic or adverse reaction to the residue however slight the residue might be. It's best to toss the eggs in the garbage.
TalkALittle didn't summon any new understanding, even with an "um" at the beginning.
I'll never understand the redundant question that appears about feeding withdrawal period eggs back to dogs, cats, or any other animal as if they were made of gold. If one is so up against it they can't sacrifice 2 weeks worth of eggs, they might want to try and schedule dewormings before breeding season/egg production times. If they're so hungry they can't sacrifice 2 weeks worth of eggs, they probably can't afford to feed a backyard flock.

I plan on de-worming my girls soon but have never done it before. Just so I'm clear...do I only toss the eggs for 2 weeks following the initial dosing or also 2 weeks following the 2nd dosing (10 days after the 1st dose)? Thanks in advance!

No. The reason for discarding eggs is because of residual wormer making it's way from the hen's body into the eggs. As long as there is trace amounts of wormer in the hen, there is the chance of trace amounts being in the eggs. Discard eggs for 14 days after EVERY dose of the wormer.

Im a little confused on dosing. I was planning on just using a medicine syringe to administer the valbazen. The syringe is in ml and tsp.How many mL should i give my standard size chicken.....a conversion chart said 1/2 cc would convert to .5mL

Im a little confused on dosing. I was planning on just using a medicine syringe to administer the valbazen. The syringe is in ml and tsp.How many mL should i give my standard size chicken.....a conversion chart said 1/2 cc would convert to .5mL
Yes 1/2 ml or 1/2 cc is .5 ml. Shake the Valbazen bottle well each time you get a dose, since it is a suspension.

Let me start by saying that 1cc = 1ml, so 1/2cc = 0.5ml. If your standard chicken weighs less than six pounds this will be enough, but the heavier they, the more they need. The most effective dose is 0.08ml per pound. Six pounds times 0.08ml = 0.48ml. No need to be exact, so just round up to 0.5ml. It's also very safe, so don't worry about giving a four pound hen the same amount. Make sense?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom