Valentine's Day 1st Annual Hatch Along

Okay so I just posted this Q over in the Jan HAL so I apologize if you are seeing it for the 2nd time
smile.png

Any of you have a specific brand or type of candler you recommend? Will be used for chicken eggs, various colors. TIA

Perfect timing! I'm in! I have some rhodebar and CCL's coming my way to be set. I just set a dozen in the brinsea on Saturday of a barnyard mix so these in the HAL will share the same incubator space, i'll just have a staggered hatch. FUN!!!!

CLAUDIA
Where did you find Rhodebar eggs? I've got my heart set on getting a trio in the next year or two. I have a place in TN about 8 hours from me in mind. Still I get curious.

Okay so I just posted this Q over in the Jan HAL so I apologize if you are seeing it for the 2nd time
smile.png

Any of you have a specific brand or type of candler you recommend? Will be used for chicken eggs, various colors. TIA
I have a might mini maglight. Multi purpose if I need to go outside after dark. Also good for watching the hatching.

Oh Chicken Math, here we go.

I had my eye on this one set of eggs and found out I could have them in time for this hatch....but that would require more incubator space than I have.....so, naturally, I ordered the eggs and a 2nd bator, lol.
celebrate.gif

I did talk to my DH (my Wonderful Awesome DH, lol) before taking the plunge at least!

I like your thinking!!

I found my rhodebar eggs by a byc member in the egg selling forum here. timotzkus is the name. He has Rhodebar and Ccl eggs listed as well as SFH and another that I forget what it is.

claudia

Okay so I just posted this Q over in the Jan HAL so I apologize if you are seeing it for the 2nd time :)

Any of you have a specific brand or type of candler you recommend?  Will be used for chicken eggs, various colors.  TIA 

I have a strong mini flashlight, similar to a Mag but has a softer rubber ridge around the end in case I bump the egg. Walmart in the sporting goods section.

Thanks for all the ideas on candlers. Just wanted to hear from those who are actually candling what is working for them. I can really find something functional for not too much $$ it looks like. I have this yearning for the Brinsea Ovascope I am trying to talk myself out of, lol.

Back
Top Bottom